Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation

Chantecaille’s Real Skin Foundation is the most unbelievably blendable cream foundation, available in SPF 15 ($58) and SPF 30 ($62).

Because the product is so blendable, it can be difficult to determine your shade. On first application (with a sponge, under indoor lighting), it looked like I might match more than one shade. In sunlight, the differences between the shades became more obvious, and more or less came down to undertone. This is definitely a product for fair skinned people — I wonder if, blended well, I could use Vibrant as a bronzer.

The blendability also presented a swatching conundrum: should I apply thickly to best show color, or blend to show you how well the product melts into your skin? In the end, I applied the left arm (SPF 15) a little more lightly (but not blended), to show how close the shades can be, and the left arm (SPF 30) a little more heavily to better show the differences in undertone. “Warm” should look the same, regardless whether you choose SPF 15 or 30.

Fresh (only available in SPF 30, is slightly warmer than Aura, only available in SPF 15) is my perfect match. I also match MAC Face and Body in N1, MAC MSF Natural in Light, Giorgio Armani Face Fabric in shade 2, Smashbox Sheer Focus TM in Luminous.

Real Skin: Aura, Fresh, Bliss, Glow, Warm, Vibrant

7 Responses to “Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation”

• SweetMystique says:

>Those look great, thank you Karla! If you’re N1 and Fresh is your match, which shade would you recommend for someone who is N3?

>There seems to be some irregularity in the availability of N1 and N2… sometimes I hear (from MAC freelance artists, even) that N3 is the lightest shade, but the store I shopped at sold me N1. I suspect that you’d still be happy with Fresh (and the crazy blendability makes these pretty forgiving), but I’ll try to get to the bottom of the N1/N3 mystery and get back to you.

• Heather says:

>I’m not sure why it took me so long to find this site, but you are the answer to my swatchy prayers. Thank you, dear woman.

• jojoba says:

>i love what heather said, “my swatchy prayers”. that’s so darn right but soooo cute!

btw, i am glad i have my foundation HG and this brand is not abailable to me. you are an extremely BAD INFLUENCE!

in a good way! :P

love your posts!!! I read them all even if i don’t reply each every one.

• Dust Glitter and Vapor says:

>I just wanted to thank you for your blog. Swatchy goodness!

>Aw, thanks ladies! Thanks very much.

• violentsviolette says:

>Hi! I found your blog while searching for some info about Chantecaille, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I´m using Armani Luminous silk foundation 5.5 currently, and I was wondering what shade you would recommend for me? (Chantecaille Real skin) There´s no descriptions of the colours on any website that sells them, which is quite confusing, so I would really appreaciate your help. Anyway, your blog is really helpful :)

Maria