Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte

Yves Saint Laurent’s Rouge Volupte is their best lipstick to-date. It’s full coverage, creamy, long-lasting, and mango-scented (is the scent is stronger in these lipsticks, or is it my imagination?). It also contains SPF 15.

I first saw the product on Sephora.com, accidentally listed before its September release date. I was instantly smitten by the gorgeous case (sucker for packaging that I am). In person, the tube is not quite as delicate as its picture. (Note how wide the swatches are.)

I’m not excited about Rouge Volupte’s price tag, though. At $34, it breaks the $30 ceiling of Chanel’s Rouge Allure and Chantecaille’s Lip Chics. I’m sure this is a trend we’ll be seeing more of.

Rouge Volupte: Nude Beige, Sensual Silk, Ultimate Beige, Sweet Honey, Divine Mahogany, Legendary Mocha, Lingerie Pink, Fetish Pink, Caress Pink, Provocative Pink, Rose Culte, Forbidden Burgundy, Peach Passion, Orange Shiver, Extreme Coral, Red Temptation, Red Muse, Red Taboo

9 Responses to “Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte”

• Valerie says:

>Oooooh. I’ll take numbers 3, 5 and 6, please! :-) Damn, $34!

*repeats to self* you won’t like the mango scent, you won’t like the mango scent, you won’t like the mango…

>You really won’t like the mango scent — it’s potent. Maybe I’m crazy, but I think it’s stronger than in their Golden Glosses or other lipsticks.

• jojoba says:

>OH MY F…. GOD!!!! WHY OR WHO MUST YOU POST THESE???

i love YSL lipsticks and i must have my HG, Rouge Pure Shine fix every now and then but look at these!!! the packaging, the colours,s the works!!!

i wonder when will we have these! i love the sweet peach scent in pure shine and i have always have a thing with mango…

you are a bad girl!

adding them to my wish list

• Ariana says:

>1,2,4,and 9 look amazing!
    but at $34…really?

the mango scent sounds very tempting.

but one look at the price tag. gahh.
    i could barely afford 1 at the moment, let alone FOUR!

• Rocketqueen says:

>I want them all! Almost! At least half the bunch! And I loove that packaging…

• cewek says:

>I just bought #11 and #18 but now I’m eyeing #14, 15 and a nude shade but not sure which yet! It’s a sickness, that I have!

• Lisa says:

>I have just bought several Max Factor lipsticks at the Boots Sale and I love the vibrance of the colours and the longevity of them. I must admit I haven’t tried the Yves Saint Laurent’s lipsticks, but looking at the other comments to this blog I think I will have to, I could be missing out.

• Patricia Arcane says:

>im getting this awful feeling in my stomach thats saying IF I DONT BUY ATLEAST 4 OF THESE I WILL IN FACT DIE. i hate wanting something like this so bad WHY KARLA WHY!

• Gajka says:

Hello, Karla
    thank you for such a good swatches. However, you have a liitlle mistake on your pictures. For example, on the first one: in small picture size number 8 is Fetish Pink, while when Im click on it to zoom, 8 is becoming a Kissable Rose. Could you fix it please, because Im using your pictures quite often and this bug is really confusing =)
    Thanx in advance!