Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow

Yesterday Addy made the brilliant observation that Bobbi’s Long-wear Palettes looked a lot like Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners. Inspired! Skinny Jeans does look a lot like Mineral Dust; Strut looks pretty close to Ocean Storm, and Tattletale might just dupe Gold Drop. Benefit’s Creaseless Creams are $19 each.

Why the messy swatches today? Well, these cream shadows are supposed to be able to double as cream eyeliners, but I wasn’t convinced they were all right for the job. So I attempted to show you what each color would look like if applied thickly (as a liner) and sheered out (as a shadow).

Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner: Tattletale, RSVP, Recess, Get Figgy, Skinny Jeans, Flatter Me, Honey Bunny, Strut, Stiletto, Busy Signal, Gossip

10 Responses to “Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow”

• Valerie says:

>Oh I love these! I have Skinny Jeans, Get Figgy (which are both unique colors I think), and Busy Signal. I use them as both shadows and liners… they’re subtle liners, true, but so pretty! I also like how you seem to get different colors/finishes with how you apply- when I use a brush, I get more shimmer, less color and vice versa when I use my fingers. If that makes sense. :)

• Heather says:

>These are great, but I think you left out one of the “lana” shades (it probably wasn’t in) – Birthday Suit which is a very nice light taupe.

Unfortunately I had to throw mine out (I had RSVP, birthday suit and skinny jeans) because they all dried out – the case is hard to close.

• noshihunny says:

>These are so pretty. I found I liked them better in store than the MAC paints. But are they really creaseless?

• Valerie says:

>Noshihunny-I’ve had no creasing problems with these and find that they work great as a base. Hope that helps! :-)

• addy says:

>Haha I’m very honoured to be the inspiration for this post. I’m currently waiting for Strut to arrive. It’s a free international shipping but is estimated to take 1.5 months! I guess Benefit sent it by sea… Ah well… Skinny jeans looks nice too but I’m not sure if I’m into the green/grey thing…

• noshihunny says:

>thanks valerie! =)

• queenofwands says:

>Birthday Suit is the most beautiful taupe color. These have never creased on me.

• nikki says:

>i have yet to be convinced on the "benefits" of benefit cosmetics–they're more gimmick than substance, if you ask me…although i did like a sheer purple lip gloss they used to make

• Colleen says:

I was pleasantly surprised that my eyeshadow didn’t crease after trying this on at Sephora. I used RSVP and put Fawn Over Me Velvet eyeshadow on top.

My lids are a challenge to most primers… but this and MAC paints are miraculous.

• Reenie says:

Hi Karla,

Any chance of an update on these as i think there have been some new colours out since you did this post!