Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl

Tremendous thanks to guest swatcher Rina, who went to heroic lengths to bring us swatches of almost every Guerlain Terracotta Loose Kohl that has ever existed. The last post about them featured only the four colors currently for sale at counters, but (as the case with so much pretty makeup) there have been many more colors which are no longer available for sale. It’s a conspiracy with eBay, I tell you.

If you’re looking for Noir, Brun Dore, Oriental Metal, or Bleu, they are $33 at the counter. (Click here for an explanation of the “Eastern style” of application and a demonstration video.)

Guerlain customer service was kind enough to provide this list of release dates:
2001 : Black 01 / Brun 02 /Blue 03
2002 : Kaki (limited edition)
2003 : Pourpre (limited edition)
2004 : Secret Glow 00 (limited edition)
2005 : Aqua Blue (limited edition)
2006 : A new launch : Brun Dore 02 => in replacement of Brun 02
2007 : Oriental Bronze 04 (limited edition)
2008 : A new launch : Oriental Metal 04 => and discontinuation of Secret Glow 00

Terracotta Loose Kohls: Khol, Secret Glow, Pourpre, Noir, Aqua Bleu, Bleu, Oriental Bronze, Oriental Metal, Brun Dore, Brun Dore

11 Responses to “Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl”

• Elvira says:

>yep. I *need* Secret Glow. and it’s one of the hardest to find. I think that’s why I *need* it. ::sigh::

• Suzanne says:

>Can you tell how Brun and Brun Dore are different?!? I haven’t been able to see Brun in person…

• Valerie says:

>Oriental Metal is gorgeous! $33-ouch!

>Suzanne, I am 98% sure that Brun and Brun Dore are the same color, and that the difference is either laziness or a translation mistake.

• Elvira says:

>Valerie. I have Oriental Metal and worth every penny. I wear it daily!

>This JUST in: Brun Dore replaced Brun in 2006.

And there was a limited edition color called Kaki back in 2002.

• asiyakei says:

>I want Pourpre and Oriental Bronze SO BAD Where on earth did she get them??

I have Oriental Metal, Brun Dore, and Bleu right now, and love all 3. I’m waiting for my Noir to come in, and if these were all still on sale, I’d ownt hem all. Fantastic for tight-lining!

• jojoba says:

>i kept going to different guerlian counters but never been able to find any of these. i have been thinking about trying them out for a long time.

great swatches!

• beauty parler says:

>I've always wanted to try these Kohls & now I want them more:) My faves are; secret glow, pourpre noir, & Brun Dore.
    Great job!

• caliroll says:

>AUGH-these are gorgeous!

• Barbara Koltuv says:

Does anyone know whether the formula for Noir (01) first offered in 2001, is the same as the Noir sold now in 2013. The packaging is slightly different. Also, I’m wondering if the Bleu (03) ingrediants have changed since the launch in 2001.