Laura Mercier Eye Basics

Fans of Laura Mercier Eye Basics, your favorite product has not been discontinued — merely reformulated, repackaged, and re-released with some new colors. The new formula is supposedly more sheer than before.

Eye Basics are water-resistant, crease-proof, semi-matte eyeshadow bases, though I’ve heard you can also wear them alone for a wash of color. They contain some vitamins and something called “Eyebright,” (still trying to find out what that is, scientifically speaking), all meant to reduce inflammation — but not reduce it enough to skip your regular eye cream, according to a sales associate. Eye Basics are $24 each.

Eye Basics: Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach

6 Responses to “Laura Mercier Eye Basics”

• Joey says:

>I want either Flax or Buff now! Dammit Karla =D

• Valerie says:

>Buff looks pretty…. I think Clinique has a similar color in their cream shadows. But it probably doesn’t have fairy dust or “eyebright” in it- probably why it costs less. :-)

• M3isMe says:

>Loved the old formula, but I just returned the new formula…I hated it…is is very sheer AND shimmery…not what I wanted at all. Just thought I’d let you know.

• jojoba says:

>do you know what does that blue eye base do? thanks

• madison817 says:

>i think im gonna get wheat now… or buff haha.. thanks!

• Um Saeed says:

Hi,
    for dark/grey brownish eyelids, which 1 will suit me the best?