Dior Holiday, part 2

Wow, I really like roadmaps. So to recap, Dior holiday includes:

• 2 Eyeshadow quints (normal quint packaging)
  • 2 Eyeshadow quads (faux leather case with a D)
  • 2 Lip quads (faux leather case with a D)
  • 2 “Night Diamond” illuminating powders (black compact with sparkly gems — extremely pretty under the display lights at the counter)
  • Travel palette (faux leather case with a D)
  • … and a few other items, 2-3 glosses and perhaps a liquid liner? I’ve seen display units with empty slots, so I’m not completely sure what those “odds and ends” are.

We also now have a theme for the holiday collection! — Night Diamond!

Here is the travel palette, which sells for $70. It contains 6 eyeshadows (1-6), Diorblush 530 (7), Terra Bella Sun Powder 008 (8), Diorshow mascara, and Ultra Gloss Reflect 257, which is either called Organdi Pink or Organza Pink, depending on your internet source (9). The blush and sun powder were swatched with a cotton ball, but I also made a stripe with an eyeshadow applicator (which defines the left edge of the swatch).

The palette zips shut (for total travel security), though I wonder how they look after a year of use. Does powder get everywhere?

Also, in the reference picture below, you’re not actually seeing the Terra Bella Sun Powder (which is peachy). That white square is the top of the powder puff that comes with the powder. The black dividing lines between eyeshadows, blush, and sun powder are Yves Saint Laurent’s Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue (Long-Lasting Eye Pencil) in #1, Black.

8 Responses to “Dior Holiday, part 2”

• Elvira says:

>WOW! Thos swatches look almost nothing like the promo pic! TY for posting!!

• Ann says:

>… I think I just figured out what to get my sister in law for x-mas!

• jojoba says:

>i just saw this palette today. for some reason i didn’t even bother to swatch the products in it. perhaps i should have and do a review. but the eye shadows looked very pale to me so i just went past it and checked out the new quints.

your swatches look great. i think i need to go to swatch this!

thanks

• Starry x2 night says:

>Agreed with Elvira. 2 and 3 really threw me off! Thank you for the swatches! And that’s a good point about the zipper.

• pepperika says:

>omg you are such a swatch queen! ty so much for staying active with the swatches and having such an awesome blog!

• Nightmares Rider says:

>OMG karla thx dear it’s me carlacorail from mua thank you so much dear but why don’t you take a pics of dior night diamond compact at the counter? *cries* I’m waitin’ for this like it seems 4ever :(

• beauty parler says:

>Nice palette! I don’t think those colours would show-up on me as I’m a bit more olive toned but I love it!

• flan_tastic says:

>the case for that palette is so adorable!
    I want!!! $70 though… yikes. I wish I wasn’t still a student.. :P