Guerlain Parure Foundation

Guerlain has two new “Parure” foundations out: Parure Aqua and Parure Extreme. They both come in pump bottles and Guerlain calls them both “fluid” foundations. I would have called them gels — when dispensed, they don’t run down your arm. Both foundations are $55.

Parure Aqua is medium coverage, SPF 20. Guerlain’s official description of it tells a feel-good, good-for-you story of hydration, a cooling sensation to the skin, and a luminous finish. I truly could not tell the difference between colors 24 and 25, Dore Moyen and Dore Fonce. I’d think I could tell a difference, and then I felt my eyes were playing tricks on me. I wondered if I actually had two testers of Dore Moyen, and if maybe one of them had been mislabeled. Also, Rose Naturel is quite pink (click the picture for a closer look).

Parure Extreme is full coverage, SPF 25. The Parure Extreme story is that it’s long-wearing, water-resistant, and matte finish. It comes in the same colors as Parure Aqua.

Guerlain Parure: Beige Clair, Beige Naturel, Beige Natural, Beige Moyen, Beige Fonce, Beige Tres Fonce, Rose Naturel, Rose Natural, Dore Naturel, Dore Natural, Dore Moyen, Dore Fonce

13 Responses to “Guerlain Parure Foundation”

• charlotte says:

>thanks for the review!
    Don’t think I can wear any of them though – I’m a 2 in Armani LSF and these look too dark. Drats.

Guerlain certainly left out us pale-skinned girls!!

• Elizabeth says:

>I noticed you only swatched the Aqua. Did there not seem to be a color difference between the two products? I know they have the same NAMES, but do they have the same colors?

>The colors are the same.

• alexandra_r_c says:

>Karla I can’t believe guerlain forgot to make a foundation color that matches your skintone, after all the guerlain lemmings you have created here LOL.

• Autumn Masquerade says:

>Thanks much for the swatches! I’ve been considering Parure Aqua. I think I need to head to the counter. Not quite certain they have one I can wear…

The swatches are infinitely helpful!

• Zic-Yun says:

>Actually if you’re lighter there is beige pale which is 01. I’m about NC20, Armani Face Fabric 02, Laura Mercier TM Porcelain/Silk Creme Cream Ivory

02 of Parure would be too dark for me but 01 seems to blend in well even though by itself it still looks a bit dark.

>Thank you so much for posting, Zic-yun — it sounds like we’re the same color! I wonder why the counter didn’t have all the available colors…

• cewek says:

>Thanks for the review and swatches! I’m always on the lookout for new and innovative foundations – it’s a sickness I have…I wonder how much would it be here in Oz?

• Lori says:

>Hey zic-yun, thanks for the info. on 01 – but where did you get it? It’s not even on the Guerlain website!

>Mystery solved! Pilinya got the following email from Guerlain:

I inform you that light colors are available but only for Asia:
    Beige Pale 01
    Ambre Pale 31
    Ambre Clair 32

However, they are available in our boutique Champs-Elysees in France.

• Lori says:

>Thanks for the info.!

• Aleksis says:

>Thanks so much for these swatches! :)

• Cendana says:

The swatches so handy!! I’m in between 02 or 03, maybe I’ll just get the lighter shade just to be safe… lol I also heard that Aqua runs a little lighter than Extreme?