I joined Facebook… what is the world coming to?

Honestly, technology left me behind in 2003. I became one of those people who can’t find what she’s looking for on Google; I’m a completely incompetent text-messager. I resisted getting a phone with a camera in it for as long as humanly possible (why would anyone want to take pictures with their phone?)

But I suddenly realized that no one else was following suit. So now I’m trying to catch back up with the rest of the civilized world, and I made a Facebook page. I don’t know what to do with it yet, but it’s there. Be my friend? I feel like a dork without any.

Next order of business: subscribing to TiVo.

8 Responses to “I joined Facebook… what is the world coming to?”

• caliroll says:

>ROFLOL!
    =D =D =D

Ok, you are sooooo not alone on this!
    I still have a CORDED-yes & there's only 1 in the whole house.

Just 2 months ago, I got a cell phone I could actually txt on without scrolling through the numbers.
    The few friends I do have laughed at me hysterically b/c it would take at least 10 mins. to reply.
    =\
    You're ahead of me-I have no myspace/facebook or the like, so you're waaaay ahead of the game.

I'd like to think I'm not a dud at 33, but am one of those people who gets a bit skeeved about the net & weirdos, lol!
    I guess I'm old fashioned. It's a suprise I have a couple of blogs & a vid page, HA!!!

That's a HUGE deal for me.
    Good Luck with FB-if I were a member I'd join & we could be dorks together.

=D

>Oh man, do I appreciate the solidarity. I feel less alone!

Now hang on while I crank up the Victrola.

• "Hailey" @CasualLavish.com says:

>LOL so far I have resisted though I did join Twitter. At least this way I can’t be stalked by people from HS that I don’t wish to ever talk to again. I’m not a myspace kind of person either. I just don’t understand those places.

• Valerie says:

>I don’t have a facebook account, but I’m with you in spirit. :-)

• Joey says:

>I’m so glad I can harass you and everyone else on FB now =) xoxo

• caliroll says:

>Rof Karla @ the victrola!

Just now found your reply.
    Is there any way to get email notification of a reply?

I checked my settings, but alas it’s probably just another thing about the internet that will take me eons to decode!

Hmm….now if I could just find what I did with that crank phone I had…..
    =D

>Aha! There’s a checkbox for “Email follow-up comments to” under the comment box.

• caliroll says:

>cool!
    now let me go find it, LOL.

Thanks lady K!