I’m not sure this product is going to excite you if you’re not a professional makeup artist, but MAC has very quietly released a new product: loose pans of cream concealer in various correcting shades.
These loose pans are sold individually, and they’re the same size as the eyeshadow pans. So if you’re a makeup pro, you can buy an empty four-pan palette and make your own concealer palette. And if you’re not a pro, you can figure out which shade you need and build your own travel palette with one concealer and three shades of eyeshadow.
Excluding any kind of professional discount, the pans are $14.50 each and a four-pan palette is $3.50. To buy these (or any pro products), you don’t have to be in the industry, but you will have to visit a MAC Pro store, or call 1-800-387-6707 (shipping fees apply).
- Light Peach would be used as a highlight for fair skin
- Blonde Ash would offset redness (like rosacea) in fair skin
- Ochre and Pure Orange could be used to cover a tattoo or bruising, or might be good for Indian woman or African American woman seeking to cover dark spots
- Burnt Coral could be used for the undereye area in darker skinned women
- Terracotta might also be used to cover bruising or a tattoo
- Deep Brown would make a good contour for someone dark and cool (darker than C7)