Tweezerman Metal Lash Comb

I am in love with a makeup tool and his name is Tweezerman.

I recently purchased a metal lash comb — an object I didn’t even know I needed until I got one. The results have been so earth-shattering, I had to tell you about it.

To begin at the beginning, a spoolie is the technical name for a mascara wand. I have a spoolie that came in a gift-with-purchase brush set from Estee Lauder, and I (formerly) used it to clean the clumps out of my lashes after applying mascara. I’d apply 1-2 coats of mascara, then run the clean spoolie through the same way, hopefully separating the lashes and wiping out any clumps. The problem was that the spoolie tended to push my lashes out of the way (up), instead of combing through them.

So I got smart. I grabbed my plastic eyelash comb (which I normally use for brow grooming), set the spoolie at the base of my lashes (underneath) and trapped my lashes between spoolie and comb, pulling the brushes forward together to comb out my lashes. I felt very silly and it worked okay.

My makeup-loving friends kept insisting that a metal lash comb was in a category of its own, and though I didn’t totally believe them, I picked one up at Ulta anyway.

The metal lash comb is basically a row of sewing needles, mounted in a plastic handle. The needle-shaped tines insert between lashes like a dream, and actually push between them, instead of just moving them out of the way. It also cleans out clumps like gangbusters.

Previously, I’ve thrown away my mascara when it got so clumpy that application wasn’t worth the hassle, but now that I’m lash-combing, I feel like my mascara could last… forever?

The Tweezerman lash comb is $7. Tweezerman suggests cleaning the tines with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball, and if a tine should ever fall out, they’ll replace it for free. One more hilarious note: the packaging warns not to use this product without a mirror.

6 Responses to “Tweezerman Metal Lash Comb”

• Valerie says:

>I currently use a plastic comb, and have heard people rave about metal instead… but I’m scared I’ll stab my eye! I’m so clumsy… is the metal comb really that much better than the plastic?

• Elvira says:

>I have never ever poked myself in the eye using my Tweezerman metal comb. It is a godsend and truly in a class by itself. I find it better than other metal lash combs to boot (SK, and VL come to mind). This makes my clumpy Dior Show Mascara look amazing and is often the reason I love some mascaras that other hate because of being clumpy. Every woman that wears mascara should have this tweezerman tool. Love the review! Thanks Karla!!

• Starry x2 night says:

>Ooh, I know! I use another brand of metal eyelash combs myself, but aren’t they great?

Love the technique about combing with spoolie and comb though! I’m up for anything to shorten my time in front of the mirror in the morning.

• Evelien says:

>That’s a very handy product. Maybe i will get it one day :)

• yummy411 says:

>great tool.. i have it!

• Angie says:

I did stab myself in the eye with my metal eyelash comb. Barely touched my eye but hurt like a mother effer and tears started POURING down my face. (I wasn’t crying, just the one eye watering from being stabbed) and it felt like it was scratched all night. Had to take off all my makeup and hope it didn’t get infected, which it didn’t. But if you are clumsy, I don’t recommend it, lol. I would rather have clumps than be blind in one eye. :S