Stila Lip Rouge

Ever since I swatched MAC’s limited edition Not So Shy!, I’ve been a little obsessed with lip stains. I love the idea of doing my lips very carefully just once in the morning, and then blithely applying chapstick for the rest of the day without needing a mirror.

Stila’s Lip Rouges are felt-tipped lip stain markers, and their pigment lasts for days (at least, it did on my hand). Like the markers of your youth, however, they will dry out if left uncapped. Lip Rouges are $20, available at Sephora and Stila.

Baci is a rich, cherry red. Grin is wine-colored. Beam is bright pink; Pucker is bright red (the color of maraschino cherry juice). Smooch is rosy, and Moue is a red brick.

I’ve heard CoverGirl just came out with their own lipstain markers, but I have yet to find them in my local drugstores.

6 Responses to “Stila Lip Rouge”

• Valerie says:

>what gorgeous swatches! I had one of these years ago and I remember it to be too drying for my lips- but it was a looong time ago, and they could have changed the formula since then. Moue looks beautiful!

• Amina says:

>Like Valerie when i tried it a while ago, it was sooo drying and too much alcohol in the formula.

>What a bummer! I have got to find those CoverGirl ones!

• jojoba says:

>wow, i always thought they werw not as pigmented and didn’t bother to even try them! now i have to, thanks to you!

Merry Christmas!

• Needtogetcloser says:

>Hi Karla!! I love your blog! Do you think you could swatch any of the CG lipstains (any one you might get, if you do)?

Thank you so much!!!! Btw, we are facebook friends :)

>Thanks so much! I will do my best to get those CG lipstains swatched (I’m curious too!).