Dior Spring 2009

Dior Spring has arrived at the many counters, though sales associates are telling me it may not be there long. At Nordstrom I heard that they’d only received three of each new eyeshadow quints; at Saks I’d heard they’d already sold out of the collection — it’d been sold to people attending the inauguration. (Really?)

The collection contains two new, limited edition eyeshadow quints: Parisian Lights, which is iridescent, and Elegante, which reminded me of a fairer version of Beige Massai. I definitely recommend clicking this picture to view it at full size, mostly so you can weigh in: is the center shade in Parisian Lights the same as the second shade in Elegante? Also Elegante had a bit more reflective “iridescence” than the camera picked up, I thought. These quints are each $54.

The collection also contains several lipsticks and glosses. There are four new shades of Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect, a lipgloss with a brush wand (priced at $24.50). There’s also a Dior Addict Lip Maximizer ($29) in what looks like a very sheer (plumping) pink — I did not swatch it for fear of a reaction.

There are two new shades of Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick ($25), a fragrance-free, sheer, high-shine formula.

Of the four shades of Rouge Dior in this collection, Actress Chestnut and Brown Image are new. (Rouge Dior is a fuller coverage, moisturizing, long-wear lipstick, $27.) Dior experts tell me that these lipsticks contain a heavy rose scent. Click here to see a few more of the permanent shades, guest swatched by Alexandrarc.

This spring, Dior also unveiled a new eyeshadow duo: Nude Look (soft brown and very soft pink, $35) and a new single: Ready to Beige (a silvery white, $24.50). The eyeliner and two lipliners in this collection are repromotes. Only the eyeliner was swatched here (first with just one swipe, then a second time, more heavily) — it is a Waterproof Crayon Eyeliner ($25).

The jewel of the collection is the Lady Dior Keychain, a purse-shaped compact containing a cream highlighter (in a sheer, warm golden color) and a lip tint for $95. You’ll definitely want to click this image — the highlighter is quite subtle. I heard it was shade 002 because other shades might have been released in other countries.

Dior Spring: 559, Parisian Lights, Parisian Light, Parisienne Lights, 553, Elegante, Elegant, 137, Trenchcoat Beige, 517, Clutch Pink, 657, Pink Satin, 447, Ribbon Beige, Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick, 220, New Look Beige, Beige New Look, 260, Couture Pink, Rose Couture, 298, Rita Beige, Beige Rita, 632, Actress Chestnut, Brun Actress, 717, Brown Image, 292, Beige Silk Satin, 365, Nude Look, 515, Ready to Beige, Ready-to-Beige, 063, Elegante Taupe, Elegant Taupe, Lady Dior

10 Responses to “Dior Spring 2009”

• styrch says:

>Odd thought, but have you compared that Parisian Lights quint to the offerings from MAC’s Brunette Blond Redhead collection? To me, it looks like they are going for the same thing.

• peachgirl says:

>Karla, you’re a star! I love the swatches and I love your blog! I had a dream about Dior spring and just like that; you’ve swatched it!
    Hope we get to see some of that gorgeous Guerlain too! :)

• jojoba says:

>you are always so ahead of us! i actually swatched some of these already but the lighting was bad so i gave up. i love how you do all the swatches outdoor.

thank you!!!

>Thanks, all!

peachgirl, stay tuned for Guerlain! :)

• Valerie says:

>ooooh, I think I may have found a use for my Sephora GC! *eyes Ribbon Beige and New Look Beige*

• Kiu says:

>Thank you so much for the swatches! They make my wallet miserable, but I cant help but enjoy it! I think I want Parisian Lights :)

• Amy says:

>Thanks so much Karla!! Once again you’ve really done a beautiful job! What is UP with Nordstrom only getting 3 of the high end limited edition collections? My SA said the same exact thing about a number of products from the Chanel Spring. They were sold out of 1 of the single eyeshadows and an ombre d’eau less than a week after the release??! I wonder if the economy has Nordstrom buying less to keep their stock shallow in case few people buy. Have a great day! :)

• Lynn says:

>Amy,that is an interesting comment about Nordstrom. I heard the same from a Dillard’s SA. I haven’t seen the Dior quints IRL,only Karla’s swatches,but took a chance and ordered from Sephora.

• Alyson says:

>Is it just me or does elegante sort of remind you of chanel beige quad? I sorta want parisian but I’m afraid about that peachy shade being too warm. :\

Thanks for the grrrreat swatches as usual Karla. :)

• jojoba says:

>i thought the middle shades were the same but i tried them again. they are not the same at all. just to let you know. :)

love your swatches!