I Hate New Year’s

New Year’s is my least favorite holiday* — it’s the holiday of anti-climax. We stay up late to count down to a non-event: “5… 4… 3… 2… 1…” and then nothing. I also hate the idea of anyone making a promise to themselves that they can’t keep.

But I did make a resolution last year — never to skip skincare before bed, no matter how tired I was — and that one actually worked out. Every time I thought about climbing into bed without it, I remembered my resolution. I’m definitely carrying that one forward this year, and I’m adding another: “never to poke a zit, no matter how much it looks like it wants me to.” Let’s meet back here next year and discuss how we did?

* Actually, I had a delightful New Year’s this year, and my makeup looked fantastic. I hope everyone’s was similarly enjoyable.

6 Responses to “I Hate New Year’s”

• lynettepleasant says:

>I don’t really like New Year’s Eve either. Always a really high expectation of something magical happening, or whatever. This year I just worked. Keep these posts comin’ 2009, girl!

• Amina says:

>same here! actually i don’t like the holidays period…lol…

• Elvira says:

>Happy New Year!! I don’t make resolutions. I see no need. I’m so awfully unfixable it would be a joke to do it! LOL. Last night I did a microdermabrasion treatment. Kinda a symbolic scruffing off the old year and getting a clean start for the new! Hope you have a wonderful 2009!

• beauty parler says:

>Happy New Year! All the best for 2009. Haven’t come up with any resolutions, I find that “resolutions” can be created anytime of the year:)

• Vanessa M. says:

>i just like using it as an excuse to party and get together w pople in the middle of the week lol! but either way hapy 2009!

• Food, she thought. says:

>Happy 2009!!!! Dying to know two things:

1) your NYE makeup

2) a dupe for MAC bunny pink lipstick. Recs?