NARS Blushes: Albatross, Nico, Zen, and Silvana

I am very proud to welcome you to NARS week (and a half)! I’ve received a ton of requests for the NARS blushes, and as a reference guide, TNBTTGSY was certainly lacking without them. These have been highly decorated by such authorities as Sephora popular vote, InStyle magazine, and Allure magazine — their popularity surely comes from their wide color range and intense pigmentation.

Albatross and Nico are actually highlighters, not blushes. Albatross is white with iridescent gold sparkles that reminds me of MAC Solar White or perhaps Smashbox Oyster. Nico reminds me of MAC’s Fairylite pigment, but is sparkle-free.

Zen is a matte, warm, peach brown that reminded me of the “Crease” shade in Cargo’s Warm/Neutral Essential Eye Palette. You could use this shade as either a nude blush or for contouring. Silvana is a bright, sparkly, gold peach (it reflects a gold sheen).

NARS blushes are all $25 (for 0.16 oz of product). The bronzers (which are larger and more expensive) are a topic for another day.

To see Sertao, Luster, Madly, and Lovejoy, click here.
To see Gina, Gilda, Taos, and Taj Mahal, click here.
To see Sin, Oasis, Outlaw, Dolce Vita, and Crazed, click here.
To see Deep Throat, Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Torrid, and Mounia, click here.
To see Desire, Mata Hari, Angelika, and Exhibit A, click here.
To see Gold Member, Penny Lane, Gueule de Nuit, and Cactus Flower, click here.

9 Responses to “NARS Blushes: Albatross, Nico, Zen, and Silvana”

• jojoba says:

>these swatches are way cool!!! i like how you separated them with black liners. :)

• Valerie says:

>All the NARS blushes – what a project! I think Nico can work as a blush for the pale ladies (that’s how I used it)- it’s very pretty, I have swapper’s remorse over it sometimes! :-)

• The Mighty J says:

>Can’t wait for the full NARS experience! Thanks Karla!

• ktb8293 says:

>I hate both Zen & Silvana. I kinda miss Zen now after seeing it on your arm (swappers remorse for sure).

But like Silvana for a warm peachy look. :D Thanks for this. Nico does look super cool.

• Andrea says:

>Im sooo happy that you´re going to do some swatches of nars products! I live in Brazil and its hard to buy without looking the produt… And we dont have Nars here :(

Im ansious about e/s swatches :)

Thank u for the great job you’ve been doing :)

• Kristina says:

>*sobs*

I bought Zen based on reviews – sounded like the “perfect nude blush” – it was supposed to be delivered today, but our mailroom was closed so it should be here tomorrow… but you’re right, it does look warm/peachy/brown, which will more than likely not work with my coloring AT ALL.

I had such high hopes for it, too!! :( :( :( maybe there’s some chance it will still work out…

• Mariella, the makeup addict says:

>I love Zen, I use it for contour on my fair skin (nw15) and it works great!

• Roxy says:

>mmmm …. you’re delving into NARS – yea!! You must swatch their shadows and lipsticks – absolutely gorgeous! Afghan Red is my absolute favorite lippie of all time and it’s straight from NARS.

xo

• Vanilla says:

>heyy,im looking for nars blush,can u help me find my shade?hehehhe
    i dont wanna pink red or orangey blush?i want something more like luster or silvana,can i sue those as blush?just to add some colors without looking all pinkish and too colorful.loll.which one is better for that purpose,luster or silvana
    btw u got so many nars blushes ! i hate u !haha