NARS Blushes: Gina, Gilda, Taos, and Taj Mahal

NARS week (and a half) continues with the peach-orange-apricot blushes! It will probably be easier for darker skintones to wear today’s shades — I think most raves come from olive/golden/tanned skintones. (Not sure what your undertone is?)

I’ve mentioned before that NARS has a reputation for being extremely pigmented. To be honest, that kept me away for a long time. I’m a reasonably pale girl, and it doesn’t take much for me to start looking silly. While no one should ever apply these blushes as heavily as I have here, the counter manager at NARS assured me that with the right application, almost anyone could wear any color. She also worked a bit of magic on the back of her hand, using a cream blush as a base, then rubbing a finger in a bright powder shade. She tapped the powder onto her hand (almost using it like a loose pigment — in very small quantity), and blended to create a custom shade. Very cool if you’re a makeup artist, but as you know, I hate buying two products to do the job of one.

Gina is matte orange-peach; Gilda is matte guava (because it contains a little pink). Taos is a plummy red with gold sparkles. Taj Majal is a carrot-colored blush that MAC would have called a Frost. NARS blushes are $25.

NARS, blush, swatches, Gina, Gilda, Taos, Taj MahalNARS Blushes: Gina, Gilda, Taos, Taj Mahal

9 Responses to “NARS Blushes: Gina, Gilda, Taos, and Taj Mahal”

• The Mighty J says:

>Well no thanks to your posts I went to Sephora to some of the colours – looks like I need to go again LOL

• The Mighty J says:

>Errrr looks like I left out words there – I went to try come of the previous blush colours – that’s what I meant to say. I didn’t give in though and I am so proud of the fact LOL

• Amina says:

• Katee says:

>Thanks for swatching these!

• Vitória says:

>I can’t stress enough how useful your blog is. Thanks for the swatches! Now excuse me, I gotta get that gilda blush ASAP! ;p

• P-ham says:

>These are the best NARS blush swatches I’ve ever seen! Extremely useful as usual^_^

• Maryrose says:

>I come here all the time and am beginning to feel like im using you so i just have to leave a comment and say THANKYOU!
    Do you work at a sephora or something? I can’t imagine how else you’d manage to do all this! :)

>Ha! No worries, Maryrose — I appreciate the visits! I do not work for any cosmetics company or retailer; I visit the counters every weekend and swatch using their testers.

• Muy says:

>Hey guys, what blush do you think would be best for light yellow-toned skin. I already have deep throat but I am looking for another color just to change it up a bit. Thanks.