Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Pur

Yves Saint Laurent has released a new lipgloss for spring — a sparkle-free sister to my beloved Golden Glosses.

These… “Gloss Purs”? “Glosses Pur”?… Gloss Pur lipglosses come in the same packaging as the Golden Glosses, with the same brush wand. They also have the trademark YSL mango scent, though I thought it was less strong in these than in the Goldens.

They’re $29 each, and though I do applaud YSL for their color accuracy, I thought the web swatches were a little misleading. These glosses are definitely sheer, and YSL’s website shows pictures of a thick droplet on paper. I think the difference is most significant for #4, Pure Raspberry.

Gloss Pur: Pure Nude, Pure Rose, Pure Coral, Pure Raspberry, Pure Fuchsia, Fuschia, Pure Plum

11 Responses to “Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Pur”

• Amylanders@gmail.com says:

>Wow gorgeous. How sheer is #1? It looks like an amazing nude but I’m not sure how it would look on pigmented lips?

• jojoba says:

>not sure if i like these more than the sparkling ones. i think i prefer the ones with shimmers. but i’d check these out too once they reach here. interesting.

• Jamilla Camel says:

>OK, you’ve convinced me. I’m going for the Coral!

• Kristina says:

>*gapes* YSL has never appealed to me that much, but I NEED the Plum one now, lol. And maybe Raspberry too. And Rose? *puddles*

Crap.

• Katee says:

>I really love my Golden Gloss. So maybe I’ll give one of these a try too.

>Amy – these are definitely sheer, not full coverage. So you could expect some lightening on pigmented lips, but your lips would not be the same color as the swatch.

Lynn – that’s very interesting… I don’t know of a Golden Gloss reformulation, but YSL has been known to sneak things by us in the past.

• beauty parler~ says:

>Your right the swatches from the YSL are pretty much on the money! Great colours & now I want them all:)

• PINK HAIRED PRINCESS says:

>eeek I *need* the nude….and rose, great pics as always and YSL great swatches.

• Meredith says:

>Wow! I thought I was YSL gloss-immune, but the raspberry one looks gorgeous!

• Jamie says:

>I have been waiting with bated breath for you to post these ever since your reviews for the golden glosses. They are beautiful – thank you so much! *Runs off to order*

• berngardovka says: