Guest Swatcher: Beaute Luminous Volume Glosses

I could not be more excited about today’s post. Tremendous thanks to a very special reader, who volunteered to swatch her complete, personal collection of the fabulous Beaute Luminous Volume Glosses — though she prefers to remain anonymous.

I definitely recommend clicking to view the image at full size — but if you can’t read the names of the glosses, they are: Allure, Girlie Show, Skin Trade, Urge, Paramour, Heroine, Elitist, Cobra, Chimera, Lady Stardust, Medusa, and If.

This picture confirms what I already knew: that I love Heroine, Girlie Show, and Paramour… but now I want to try Urge and If. And Elitist. Okay, all of them.
Beaute lipglosses are unscented, nonsticky, and totally luxurious. Click to see my original post about these.

Click here to shop online. Remember, prices on the Beaute site are in Canadian dollars (so the glosses are $20-21 for Americans) and if you order before March 31, use code karlasugar to get 20% off your purchase. Click “Order” on any item, then go to “Shopping Cart” in the top navigation to enter your code before you “Checkout.”

11 Responses to “Guest Swatcher: Beaute Luminous Volume Glosses”

• fatbottmdgrl says:

>Karla, my love, THANK YOU!!! I kept wondering WHY my invoice was less thatn I thought, NOW I know, Canadian $$$$. Also, now I know I am going to love Cobra, but I really wish you had swatched Medusa, oh well. I thank you for all your swatching efforts!!!!!!!!

• Kristina says:

>From your swatches, Heroine almost reminds me of YSL Gloss Pur in Plum (did I get that right?)… never seen either one IRL, though. Are they similar at all in reality?

Also, are Beaute products sold in any B&M stores, or just online?

Thanks, Karla :)

>Pure Plum? No, definitely not. YSL Pure Plum is dark, like… reddish grape juice. Like red-plum juice? Here’s a link back to that post: http://karlasugar.blogspot.com/2009/01/yves-saint-laurent-gloss-pur.html

I guess Heroine is sort of like Pure Raspberry, but it’s more rose-berry than Pure Raspberry (which is lighter, and pinker, and not berry). I think the YSL is also more sheer.

At this time, Beaute is in brick-and-mortar stores in Canada and California. In California it’s at the Studio at Fred Segal; in Canada, you can find it at a lot of Holt Renfrew locations, the Jerome Hair Salon (Calgary), and The New Eclectic (Vancouver).

• Kristina says:

>Ooh, okay. Nowhere near me.

And thanks for the help, lol. What did I tell you? Not very good at judging colors based on your swatches, lol. But I’m crossing my fingers that I did right recently because I have a few products waiting for me in the mailroom that I swapped for because of you, having never seen or tried them IRL before! XD

• Michelle says:

>Allure & Chimera look very similar on my screen…hmmm which one to get.

• verybecca says:

>I have Paramour, Medusa and If – now I need Elitist. It’s perfect. Dang you!!!

• Monica says:

>Great swatches! I've gone to Holt's many times but I hate buying makeup there because of their set-up & S.A's. However, your discount code is very tempting!

• Wombat says:

>Wow these look gorgeous! they somehow remind me of Armani lip shimmers in a way (I know all lipglosses look more or less similar, but Armani just popped in mind!).

I tried to do a mock order, and the international shipping to Australia seems to start at $45CAD for a lipgloss gift set (!!!)… =( ohh it’s not meant to be…

>Oof! I am so sorry. Poor Australia. :-/