Lancome Spring: Part 1

Many brands chose to go pink for spring — Lancome chose hot pink. This is the first full collection for Lancome’s new Director for Makeup, Aaron de Mey.

The collection includes two limited edition Color Design eyeshadow quads ($42 each). Mademoiselle Sass includes Island Kiss, Simmering, Wear It Well, and Midnight Dance; I’m still looking for shade names in Irreverent Madame.

I think the sleeper stars of the collection are the limited edition blushes ($29.50). I already love Lancome’s Blush Subtil, but doesn’t Extravagance make you want to run off and contour something? There are also four Color Fever Lipsticks ($25) — only Rock Icon Fuchsia is a permanent shade.

There are also four Color Fever Plumpers (lipgloss) — $29. I think the shades are rather strangely named. City Mauve is sparkle-free, Fuchsia Flaunt is sparkly (but not my definition of fuchsia), Rose Punk is clear with a few sparkles, and Downtown Pink is mauvey with a gold sheen. I believe all of these shades are limited edition.

De Mey’s first offering with Lancome was a vibrant, tomato-red Color Fever Lipstick called Piha Red (named after a resort town in his native New Zealand) and a Color Fever Gloss called Piha Black. I’d heard that the red/black duo released later than expected, so Piha Black was re-released with the spring collection. (Other sources say the Piha Black was re-released because it sold so well.) My counter still had both products, so I thought I’d swatch them together. They’re still limited edition. The set was $48; the gloss alone is $25.

Lancome Spring 2009: Mademoiselle Sass, Irreverent Madame, Extravagance, High Maintenance, Mademoiselle, Pink Attitude, Forget Me Not, Rock Icon Fuchsia, Fuschia, City Mauve, Fuchsia Flaunt, Rose Punk, Downtown Pink

11 Responses to “Lancome Spring: Part 1”

• styrch says:

>Karla, what are your thoughts on the black? I love “different” things but I’ve been unsure if it’s worth forking over the cash for this. Do you think it’s worth it? Or is it too hard of a look to pull off?

• Valerie says:

>I’m not into Lancome or plumping glosses, but City Mauve looks gorgeous- makes me think of BB Nude gloss.

Got my shipping notification for UD Underground e/l- should be herre tomorrow- yay!

• Gail says:

>I’ve been lemming this irreverent quad for ages, what do you think of the textures? I know it’s probably the sort of colours that would make me look like an albino mouse (never the best look) but the promo pics look so gorgeous!!

• verybecca says:

>AHHHHHH!!!!!! NEED Downtown Pink!!! Thanks so much for posting :D

>Styrch – I don’t think I’d use the black gloss… I just never need to darken my lipsticks. If you want to test one out though, I believe NYX makes one?

Gail – The eyeshadow textures are nice. I couldn’t pull off the colors, but props if you can!

• Vitória says:

>A nice alternative to Piha Black is YSL’s golden gloss in blackcurrant. It’s great for giving dimension and vamping up any lipcolor. And plus: this one you can wear alone!

• Thepunkcat says:

>I think Mademoiselle Sass it’s not aviable here, and that’s a pity because it’s a really great quad!

• Veronica says:

>I just found your excellent blogg. I would love a swatch of YSL Pur Black lipgloss cos I can’t find a swatch of it anywhere. Im going to visit your blog again ;-)

• Jywoi says:

>Hello!
    What do you think about the Rock Icon Fuschia shade? I'm dying for it but it's a bit on the expensive side ;)

• PatRickly says:

Rock Island Fuschia worthy of its name. blue-ish hot rose. wear with confidence only. meek need not reply. good even on the old gals, with attitude….

• Pat Ricky says:

Wooops! Rock Icon Fuschia. My boy a rock star; confuse things sometimes.