Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour

Cream eyeshadow must be having a moment — everyone seems to have a new one out. (By everyone I mean Laura Mercier, Too Faced, and Urban Decay.)

Metallic Creme Eye Colours are not new, but I was curious, so I had to test them out. These cream shadows are purportedly waterproof, good alone or as a base under other eyeshadow. (Using a metallic base would help the powder shadow pop.)

The makeup artist at the LM counter was a little horrified that I’d applied these to my arm so heavily (q-tips were probably the wrong application tool). He recommended applying with a flat, synthetic brush, and said (when applied correctly) that they were sheer but buildable — and mixable, if you cared to create your own custom color. Metallic Creme Eye Colours are $22 each.
Laura Mercier Cream Eyeshadow: Metallic Cream Eye Color, Platinum, Rose Gold, Pink Gold, Gold, Burnished Copper, Mercury, Titanium, Alloy

9 Responses to “Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour”

• styrch says:

>wooooza! Those look hot!

• Meredith says:

>Very pretty! I’m feeling the cream e/s love, just got my first Benefit creaseless last night!

• Jenn says:

>I really liked these shadows. The colors are nice and they stay on quite well. I also like the L.M satin creme shadows too.

• Vitória says:

>Whoa, they look wonderful! Too bad we don’t have LM here in Brazil… oh… gotta love international shipping!

Thanks for the swatches!

• cartmanette says:

>Glad they added some new colors; none of the earlier ones worked perfectly on me (though I have 3 anyway, they’re so pretty!). Thanks for the great swatches!

• beauty parler says:

>Those are gorgeous! I want all of them! I wonder how the wearablity is, you mentioned they’re waterproof so must be long-lasting.

• Minette says:

>Oh I love working with the Metallics! I noticed there was a comment above about the new satines.. they are super awesome but just a warning, once the satin creams are set trying to apply anything else creamy over it will cause it to ball up.
    Mixing the metallics to create custom colors is amazing. Mixing the burnished copper(drk brown) with Mercury (lavender) makes an awesome purple!

• Sandra says:

I think it’s great that these are in tubes not in pots – won’t dry out as quickly

• I love the mettalic colours. However, what I love the most about this is that it comes in a tube and not in a pot. The tube allows you to reduce waste and also keeps it more hygenic because you are not digging your dirty fingers into the product and ultimately contaminating the whole thing.

I love it ! I am definitely going to buy some.