Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colour

Satinee Creme Eye Colour is Laura Mercier’s newest cream eyeshadow — a complement to her Metallic Creme Eye Colour. Quick-drying, long-wearing, crease-proof, and water-resistant, these shadows can be worn alone, or as a base for powder eyeshadow. One of my makeup artist friends recommended pairing them with Laura’s Mineral Eye Powder (loose powder eyeshadow) — specifically Sapphire or Chocolate Garnet on top of Ecru Silk; or Brilliant Quartz on top of Pink Chiffon. I don’t yet understand how these fit in with Eye Basics (totally matte eyeshadow bases); I presume Eye Basics are intended as shadow base (which you can wear as shadows), while these are technically shadows (which can also act as a base)?

Satinees aren’t exactly matte — I know I applied too heavily, but they had a sort of crystallized look… a subtle sheen that’s apparent in sunlight (the shimmery particles are tiny). Ecru Silk was really pretty — a gold champagne, or oyster-gold-ecru — but it will be too light for many. Stone Suede is a very grey taupe with some blue undertones.

Satinee Creme eyeshadows are $22 each.
LM Satinee Creme Eye Colour: LM, Satinee, Satine, Satin, Creme, Cream, Eye Color, Pink Chiffon, Peach Organza, Rum Satin, Cocoa Velour, Stone Suede, Ecru Silk

9 Responses to “Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colour”

• Kristina says:

>Wow, thanks a lot, Karla, now I NEEEEEED Stone Suede… lol. <3 you :D

• peachgirl says:

>Exactly the swatch I dreamt of tonight! I will have to go and try some of that peach-coloured cream, I suspect this might become a new BFF :) Thanks for swatching!

• styrch says:

>Hi Karla. Those look great. I admit I was also intrigued by the metallic ones you posted a while back. But I do have an opinion question to ask you: Given the shelf life on creme products seems to be less, do you recommend them?

>Ahh, Styrch, tricky question. Powders do last forever, and creams last some amount of time less than forever (though they do last a really long time — especially in tubes like these ones, where they don’t have a big surface exposed to air). I think it’s just a matter of texture/application preference. Some folks prefer creams to powders, and while I’m not yet one of them, I’m experimenting. :)

• GlossMenagerieDotCom says:

>Stone Suede is a taupe lover’s dream.

by the way, more evidence of your awesomeness…I gave you a triple award!

• Kenoki says:

>yum yum, i do believe that i may require all of them — thanks!

• Amina says:

>they’re very pretty!

• Sarah says:

>Oh, stone suede is calling to me! I actually gasped when I saw the swatches, before I even read your review. Thanks!

• martha says: