MAC Cremeteam

I’ve been so focused on MAC’s upcoming Hello Kitty collection that I almost missed Cremeteam, a collection of lip products — lipstick, gloss, and liner — based on MAC’s Cremesheen lipsticks (a new and permanent formula, launched September of 2008. Click here for the original swatches). Cremeteam goes on sale February 5, 2009.

There are 8 Cremesheen lipsticks (of which two — Hang-Up and Crosswires — are repromotes of permanent colors). Lavender Whip is limited edition; the other shades will join the Cremesheen permanent line.
Cremesheens are moisturizing and full-coverage — I did “single swipe” swatches alongside heavier ones to demonstrate the coverage. The lipsticks are $14 each.
This collection also includes 8 limited edition shades of Cremesheen Glass, MAC’s Dazzleglass-minus-the-dazzle. Which is funny, because YSL just released Gloss Pur, which is Golden Gloss without the golden. Cremesheen Glass glosses have a doe’s foot applicator and are $18 each.

I think Petite Indulgence is the most pigmented of the group; the others are semi-sheer. I tried on Ever So Rich and it did mute the color of my lips, but it didn’t totally erase them. Fashion Scoop is warmer than Ever So Rich — Fashion Scoop also contains tiiiiiny sparkles, but they’re so small and subtle, I don’t think you’ll notice them.
MAC Cremeteam: Cremeteam, Creamteam, Creme Cup, Lickable, Lavender Whip, Hang-up, Hangup, Hang up, Shy Girl, Crosswires, Creme in your Coffee, Cream in your Coffee, Spice is Nice, Ever So Rich, Fashion Scoop, Petite Indulgence, Looks Like Sin, Boy Bait, Partial to Pink, Melt in Your Mouth, Creme Anglaise

14 Responses to “MAC Cremeteam”

• jojoba says:

>wow i like these lipsticks. can’t believe I like MAC lipsticks!!! they are better be crap when I try them out in person… LOL

• The Mighty J says:

>Hmm liking those Dazzleglasses – got my eye on Crème Anglaise & Looks Like Sin. Since I am waiting on the HK lippies I will wait to check the Cremesheen lipsticks but I am liking Cream in your Coffee & Lavender Whip. Thanks for the swatches – I find it always helps me narrow down what I want to try when I go instore!

• birkinbagbeauty says:

>I want Creme Cup lipstick and the Partial to Pink lipgloss…

I actually really like Mac lipstick…it must be the vanilla scent.

• GlossMenagerieDotCom says:

>I’m so excited for lavender whip lipstick it’s kinda sad! I also like the looks of creme cup. I predict that one will sell out fast. Hang Up is pretty but since it’s not LE I’m not as motivated…

• Kristina says:

>Ooh – Hang Up looks gorgeous! Do you know/remember how much it looks like Quick Tease lipglass IRL? In the pics, it looks similar… I’ve been looking for a lipstick version of that gloss, too :) thanks love!

• Valerie says:

>Thank you! I was thinking Creme in Your Coffee might be mine, but now I’m leaning towards Spice is Nice… *waits for Thursday*

• Cat says:

>Ahhhhh… Shy Girl looks exactly like I wanted it to be! I’m also interested in Creme Cup and Partial to Pink gloss… Can’t wait ’till it comes out this Friday!

• Valerie says:

>I forgot to ask about smell! Do we know if the cremesheen glosses have the same smell as Lipglass or different?

• Sara says:

>I want to know how lavender whip compares to the lavender hello kitty lipstick (there is one, right?) before I buy either. Sadly I live no where near a counter so I have to base this on swatches :(

• Roxy says:

>Ohh no you didn’t! Man, I can’t keep up with all my lemmings and most come from viewing my lil’ KarlaSugar’s site! You’re so bad for the wallet! : )

• myystiqueen says:

>karlaaaa….

told you i never bought things before seeing your swatches….. and here i am, taking notes on myy wanted list from this collection….

loving parial to pink and fashion scoop <3

• Elle Y. says:

>Amazing!!! My recent purchases are bascially a reflection of reading Karla’s blog as well. I love the creme cup and crosswires. Question: which one is a better choice for an interview (for a entry-level researcher position)??

>Haha, I would think you couldn’t go wrong with either, Elle. :)

• Alyssa says:

>I have Boy Bait, and i’s a perfect nude – so great!

I love the taste – I can’t stand the taste of Clinique Gloss sticks