My very good friend, Aradiapdx, is phenomenally talented in a wide variety of intellectual pursuits. She’s also one of those people whose makeup invariably looks like magic. I can’t even imagine where someone acquires those kinds of skills for color combination, application, and blending.
Anyway, Aradiapdx very sportingly agreed to demonstrate one of my favorite looks on her. I’d also like to add that she is a classic example of a pale, cool person.
Eyes Tutorial (Aradiapdx)
The angled brush (#7) is MAC 266, the bent one (#8) is from Coastal Scents. #3 is something I just think of as a generic eyeshadow brush, #5 and 6 are apparently “round crease brushes,” and the rest are from a set that CS doesn’t seem to carry any longer. It’s the shape that’s important; I’m sure other brushes would work equally well.
Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)
MAC Vanilla pigment
MAC Golden Olive pigment
MAC Smoke Signal pigment
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara
MAC Brow pencil – Spiked
YSL Touche Eclat
1. Prime your lids. I applied UDPP all over from lashes to brows and lightly dusted Vanilla pigment from crease up to brows (with brush #2).
2. Using DuWop Payoff and brush #5, I applied Golden Olive pigment (wet) to the inner 2/3 of my lids.
3. Using DuWop Payoff and brush #6, I applied Tempting (wet) to the outer portion of my lids and blended into the crease, over Golden Olive.
4. Using DuWop Payoff and brush #4 (for more precise application), I created the desired shape for my outer V, with Smoke Signal pigment applied wet.
5. Then I filled in the V with Smoke Signal and same wet brush.
6. Time to start blending. I started by blending Tempting (with original #6 brush, still slightly damp) into and slightly over Smoke Signal.
7. Then I took brush #3, applied a small amount of Smoke Signal Pigment to it (dry this time), tapped to get rid of the excess, and very lightly blended it into Tempting, up into the crease, and used it to soften the edges of my original outer V line. After this, I used brush #2 to apply more Vanilla pigment to my browbone and blend into my crease, softening harsh edges.
8. Using brush #7 (MAC #266) and Duwop Payoff, I lined under eyes with Golden Olive and Tempting (roughly the same placement as on the lid).
9. Next, apply MAC Blacktrack Fluidline however you prefer as your liner. I used brush #8 (bent eyeliner brush from Coastal Scents) to line my upper lashline as well as my waterline.
10. Finally, I brushed off any fallen powder, applied some YSL Touche Eclat below my eyes, added Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara, and tidied up my brows (MAC Spiked Eye Brows pencil and brush #1).