Lipstick Queen: Saint Lipstick

Lipstick Queen is a relative newcomer, a boutique “lips-only” brand with Art Nouveau sensibilities. Founder/owner Poppy King found modern lipsticks “too thin and slimy” and longed for the high-pigment glamour of the 1940s. Lipstick Queen is actually her second lipstick brand venture (the first was called Poppy).

Her lipsticks come in two formulas: the Saints (10% pigment) and Sinners (90% pigment). The conceit is cute, but take what you just heard about “10%” and throw it out the window. Poppy is using a different scale than the rest of us.

Lipstick Queen lipsticks are $18 each, and can be purchased through her website, Barneys New York’s website, and in a scattered selection of physical stores.
Lipstick Queen Saint Lipstick: Saint Coral, Saint Berry, Saint Natural, Saint Nude, Saint Pink, Saint Rouge, Saint Rose, Saint Wine, Saint Red, Saint Rust

8 Responses to “Lipstick Queen: Saint Lipstick”

• Ann says:

>WOW, pretty. Thank you so much for swatching these. I only have Medieval, but I just love it. I totally want more Lipstick Queen!

• Valerie says:

>Gorgeous swatches! I don’t have any Poppy lipsticks, I think I need Nude…

• Betty says:

>”Different scale” meaning… what? More pigment than I think, or less?

• Veronica says:

>Oh- you should swatch Medieval too. I agree with you about the 10% and it should be thrown out the window. I bought saint Nude last week and its opaque on my lips- definatly not sheer- but I love it anyway. It just makes me wonder how much pigments theres in the Sinners?

• C says:

>Thank you Karla!!!!!!!!

• Jamilla Camel says:

>I’ve got Saint Rust, Berry, and Red and I love them all!

• P-ham says:

>i was hoping for something more sheer, but i do like how saint pink looks!

• lynnmutt says:

>Would you swatch the Illusion Gloss and also the Chinatown pencils? (The Saint swatches were very helpful to me.) Thanks