Welcome to day 2 of Rock & Republic Week, as we go through the line’s 48 eyeshadows. Yesterday we looked at neutrals; today, “fire colors.” You know my love of neutral eyeshadows, and the color and fabulous texture of some of the browns reminded me of my favorite shades from Dior iridescent quints.
As with the shades we looked at yesterday; R&R eyeshadows fall into one of three categories of shimmer (high, low, and none), reflecting one of three finishes: Shimmer, Satin, and Matte. Each eyeshadow is $28, and comes in an ornate mirrored compact. You can find Rock & Republic Cosmetics in Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstrom.
- Carat is a shimmery oyster-gold, paler — or more white — than Ambition (high shimmer)
- Ambition is a more yellowy oyster-gold (reminded me of Smashbox’s Oyster; high shimmer)
- Fuel is a shimmery, very yellow gold (high shimmer)
- Scorch is a shimmery fire-orange, or red-orange (medium shimmer)
- Wrath is a very warm, dark red-brown (medium shimmer)
- Ammo is a very shimmery, warm, medium red-brown (high shimmer)
- Exile is a very shimmery, warm, medium gold-brown (high shimmer)
- Vintage is a matte, neutral-warm brown, warmer than Diffused because it contains more yellow
R&R eyeshadow: Carat, Ambition, Fuel, Scorch, Wrath, Ammo, Exile, Vintage