It’s day 3 of Rock & Republic week — my loving look at the jet-milled, ultra-smooth eyeshadows in the rockstar compacts. I would call today’s swatches the “earth” shades (see the Earth, Wind & Fire joke that’s about to happen?).
Originally a jetsetting denim brand, Rock & Republic’s cosmetics line launched in September of 2008 with 116 products in 10 categories. R&R eyeshadows come in three different finishes: Shimmer, Satin, and Matte (high shimmer, low shimmer, and no shimmer). Each eyeshadow is $28, and comes in an ornate mirrored compact. You can find Rock & Republic Cosmetics in Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstrom.
- Corrosive is a very iridescent grass green or yellow green (high shimmer)
- Jaded is a very iridescent blue-green that makes me think of Monet’s waterlilies (high shimmer)
- Envy is a very iridescent blackened green with lots of green sparkle… like a grunge emerald (high shimmer)
- Hangover is a yellow-green brown (medium shimmer)
- Chronic is a very iridescent forest green (high shimmer)
- Snakeskin is a very grey, cool, green brown (the kind of complex neutral I cannot resist; medium shimmer)
- Lost is a very grey red-brown, also gorgeous (medium shimmer)
- Tribal is a matte, medium, warm red-brown
R&R eyeshadow: Corrosive, Jaded, Envy, Hangover, Chronic, Snakeskin, Lost, Tribal