Today, the blues! I admit, I wouldn’t know how to use these shades to their best advantage, but I still think they’re gorgeous and I knew as I was swatching them that they’d excite a whole passel of you artistic types. Also, if you’re participating in Neiman Marcus’s promotion (spend $100 on R&R cosmetics, get a full-size Emerge eyeshadow free), you can finally see what that lovely shade looks like.
Rock & Republic eyeshadows are $28 each, available at select Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale locations. They come in three finishes: Shimmer, Satin, and Matte (high shimmer, low shimmer, and no shimmer).
- Ciggy is a very soft, matte grey with a hint of lilac — like ash or smoke
- Chain Link is a silvery grey with a hint of purple (high shimmer)
- Emerge is a steel blue that reflects just a bit of green — kind of like deep ocean (medium shimmer)
- Scene is a shimmery sky blue (high shimmer)
- Brink is gold/green/blue (it reflects and changes colors as it moves in sunlight; high shimmer)
- Electric is luminous, glowing blue (medium shimmer)
- Denim is a matte, blackened, midnight blue
- Fiend is black-reflects blue (medium shimmer)
R&R eyeshadow: Ciggy, Chain Link, Emerge, Scene, Brink, Electric, Denim, Fiend