Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Collection

Sephora’s house brand’s spring collection is called Moroccan Sunrise, and it could not be more appropriately named. This collection caught my attention as soon as it appeared online — the packaging is right up my aesthetic alley.

Packaging is definitely a big part of the collection, which includes a plethora of makeup bags, travel-ready brush sets, and accessories (nail files, compact mirrors, a perfume atomizer). The actual makeup offering includes a 5-color eyeshadow palette, 4 shades of lipgloss, and a shimmery loose bronzer.

The eyeshadow compact is $32, and the shadows themselves feel like suede (a good thing; they’re soft and pigmented). The shades are sparkly tangerine (gold sparkles), frosty champagne, frosty warm brown, matte medium brown, and a sparkly pink. If anyone knows how to wear orange eyeshadow, I am all ears.
I was inspired to try the orange and pink shades as blushes, but the sparkles became much more noticeable when I sheered them out — probably more noticeable than you want in a blush.
The four lipglosses are matte, and quite opaque — I’d say medium-to-full coverage. They have doe’s foot wands, and though I didn’t test them on my lips, they felt quite sticky on my arm. These are each $15. Sephora’s website describes these as lipstick and gloss in one — I wouldn’t have realized if I hadn’t read it. Though they offer good coverage for a gloss, they feel like a sticky gloss (unlike the more liquid-lipstick feel of Laura Mercier’s Lip Velvets, Dior’s Creme de Gloss, and Givenchy’s Lady Pulp Gloss). The four shades are Naked Peach, Pink Coffee, Rosenberry, and Sultry Spice.

9 Responses to “Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Collection”

• KiLLaCaM says:

>I love orange shadow! esp. in the crease…try it out if you like brighter makeup. you do such great reviews!

• Valerie says:

>Wow, very warm collection! I think orange eye shadow would be even trickier than pink. Wouldn’t attempt it with a ten-foot eyeshadow brush. So to speak. :-)

The Pink Coffee gloss looks a little like NARS Stolen Kisses, which is lovely and not too sticky.

• The Mighty J says:

>I got this palette just for the orange/tangerine shadow lol. When blended with the champagne and the warmer brown the orange/tangerine isn’t that vibrant at all. I used it down the middle of my eye – eh, probably not the best usage description ever , but hopefully you get the idea? I am sure the more creative types will come up with something more fancy lol I also got the Sultry Spice gloss as I liked the colour on me even though I am not a fan of doe’s foot applicators.

• SephoraMAC says:

>Thanks so much for swatching these. I was planning on getting this…Love the colors.

• Marlena says:

>I’m so glad that I’ve found this blog :) Would you be so nice and present Dior’s Mystic Jade Palette?

• izumi says:

>i love the eyeshadows used as blush swatches. so pretty!

• jojoba says:

>thank you so much for killing the lemming for this e/s palette for me. I don’t think that dark matte chocolate brown works for me.

but I am starting to like the glosses now. Oh no!

• yummy411 says:

>this palette is love! great packaging.

• Houston Living says:

>Great post and swatches, as always! This reminds me a lot of Stila's recent launch. I will be getting this b/c of your awesome review.

Thanks!! <3 <3