NARS Lip Stain Gloss

I confess, I am not a NARS buff. I adore their (very expensive) nail polish, and I like Deep Throat blush, but after that, I’m no pro on the brand.

In my continuing fascination with lipstains, I swatched their Lip Stain Gloss — which left me confused. These aren’t particularly staining — the Stila Lip Rouge markers were more difficult to remove. It seems the emphasis is meant to be on the word gloss. Lip Stain Glosses are longwearing, matte, full-coverage glosses (with perhaps some slight lip-staining ability?). They are $24 each.

Rage is more coral than Sayonara (which is a dusty pink). Victoire is browned plum. Indian Red is cherry red; Daredevil is a little deeper. Pampa is… sparkly brown? Very confusing.

6 Responses to “NARS Lip Stain Gloss”

• Connie De Alwis says:

>Thanks for the swatches. Daredevil looks like blood on your palm!

• verybecca says:

>Zomg…a hand!!! LOL. I have and love Sayonara – this is faboosh!

• Alex says:

>Thanks for these! I agree that these aren’t really lipstains, somehow I always thought that they were liquid lipsticks :)
    Either way, I am totally in love with Indian Red.

• Katie says:

>I love your blog so, so, so much.
    These swatches are awesome.

• fistik86 says:

>Beautiful swatches! Would you be able to swatch more Dior…specifically the Skin Shimmer powders and the lipsticks and glosses? Many thanks and it is all very much appreciated!

• S. Vanessa Hailey says:

>Thank you for the swatches! I really wish Nars would make a light pink one.