Chanel Summer Glossimers

In between Chanel’s bronzey summer Cote d’Azur collection and whatever comes next for fall, Chanel has released a mini lipgloss-n-nail polish collection called Lumières Célestes (or Lumieres Celestes) — featuring eight insanely sparkly glossimers (and four polishes).

The glossimers, mostly named for astrological phenomena (“inspired by Mademoiselle Chanel’s fascination with the constellations”), are very pigmented and very sparkly. They’ve been compared to MAC Dazzleglasses, but as you’ll see tomorrow, there is no comparison. A truer comparison would be Lancome’s La Laque Fever glosses.

We’ve actually seen super-sparkly glossimers from Chanel before — a previous collection brought us Astral, Big Bang, Galactic, etc. I’ve heard (and, to a very limited extent, experienced myself) that the sparkle in these very sparkly glossimers can feel gritty.

As with all Glossimers, these are $27 each and come with a doe’s foot wand.
122 Nebula is plum with blue sparkles
124 Venus is hot pink with gold and pink sparkles (limited edition)
126 Silex is warm, medium pink with brighter pink sparkles (limited edition)
128 Météore (Meteore) is warm rose with rose and gold sparkles
129 Cosmos is brick cranberry with blue and red sparkles (limited edition)
131 Mica is sheer ballerina pink with silver and blue-pink iridescent sparkles
132 Mirage is red-purple with violet and blue sparkles
134 Jupiter is cherry red with red and blue sparkles (limited edition)

7 Responses to “Chanel Summer Glossimers”

• birkinbagbeauty says:

>I found them to be a bit too sparkly when I saw them irl…unfortunately, because Meteore and Silex have such pretty colours.

• Roxy says:

>They’re all gorgeous. How would one decide on a color … yikes.

• tina_mbc says:

>Your blog is one of the most helpful out there, I find your swatches to be of the most accurate and I plan what to buy based on them!!! Sadly I don’t comment as much as I should, but just wanted to let you know…:)

Btw Mica is lovely…;) x

• alltheprettythings says:

>Chanel never fails to surprise me… just when I’m ready to write their LE collections off, they produce some astoundingly pretty and wearable colors. I’m meh on the glitter factor, but it’s workable with a matte undercolor.

• Tree says:

>What about Bel Air?

>Great question, Tree! Bel Air is part of another minor, between-seasons collection called Les Naturels de Chanel. It’s mostly comprised of repromotes (Orchid Rose Joues Contraste, permanent shades of eyeshadow, etc.)

tina_mbc – Thank you so much!

• verybecca says:

>Beautiful – I got a mini-Mirage from Macys and the shimmer is very subtle. The color is gorge.