Dior’s summer releases have been extremely confusing, but my friend and fellow blogger Lina was kind enough to set me straight. As far as I can tell, there’s a summer collection called Color Pop, and different counters received different pieces. (There also seems to be a Cristal Collection, and a bronze collection — but it almost seems like they all came out at the same time.)
This resulted in some seemingly random swatching. I found the Electric Lights quint and the Neiman Marcus exclusive Pearly Lilac quint (both iridescent quints because their numbers end in 9). Everybody seems to be loving the mermaidy, lagoony blues this summer, and Dior is leading the charge with Electric Lights.
I also swatched both of the Bronze Harmonie de Blushes, patterned, variegated blushes that give a soft, absolutely beautiful glow. These are SO gorgeous, and I’m happy to report that, with the exception of the dashed lines and the name “Dior,” the pattern holds up really well even as the blush is used. I long for Coral Riviera… okay, I want them both.
As usual, I swatched heavily, but you could absolutely apply these with a lighter hand. Some web sources include these blushes with Color Pop, some cite that separate, bronze collection — I’m still investigating.So to recap the summer color story… Apparently all counters received:
- a “travel” Haute Couture bronzing palette (zip-up case containing bronzer, two glosses, and capped brushes, $80)
- something called Lip Glow, a balm that changes colors within a few minutes of being on your lips (“your natural color times five,” said my sales associate — I’m dying to try this, $28)
- Pop Diamond 004 (a Diorskin Shimmer Star pressed highlighting powder, $43)
- Electric Lights iridescent eyeshadow quint 259 ($56)
In addition, Nordstrom received:
- DiorKiss lipgloss in Grenadine Sirup 741 ($20)
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Vinyl Coral 647 ($25.50)
- Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Designer Coral 154 ($26)
- Nail enamel in Bubble Gum 741 ($20)
Macy’s in Texas no longer carry Dior, but Macy’s received:
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Nylon Pink 377 ($25.50)
- Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Sketch Pink 864 and Artist Pink 374 ($26)
- Nail enamel in Purple Candy 781 ($20)
- DiorKiss lipgloss in Strawberry Smoothie 851 ($20)
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Nylon Pink 277 ($25.50)
- Nail enamel in Sweet Orange 334 ($20)
- Cristal Shine keychain in Cristal Coral (lip balm, lip gloss, and tiny brush in a somewhat industrial-looking compact, $60) — I’m pretty sure this is part of Cristal, if it is in fact a separate collection
The Pearly Lilac quint is only available at Neiman Marcus, and it seems maybe Asia and Europe got another eyeshadow quint that the U.S. didn’t: A Touch of Blusher and The Punk Cat have images of quint 859 Graphic Lights.
Whew! Got any more information? Let me hear it!