Laura Mercier Tinted Lipbalms

I can’t speak for the rest of the world, but as temperatures rise and spring melts into summer, I feel like wearing less and less makeup. Put down your smelling salts. It’s not that I don’t want to wear makeup at all, I just find myself cutting back on the eyeshadow, going without foundation. All I really want is eyeliner, mascara that doesn’t smudge, and a juicy, summery lip.

How did Laura Mercier know exactly what I was craving? Newly released with her Bronze Goddess collection are Hydratint Balms, eight sheer tints with SPF 15. (I was delighted to discover they are a permanent addition to the line.)

These balms contain green tea, shea butter, grapeseed oil, and vitamins C, A, and E. They also contain mint and orange flavoring, which are supposed to impart some kind of breath freshening effect… I didn’t notice any in my in-store test. These balms are $20 each and will be (or are already) for sale in Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Sephora, and at LauraMercier.com.
These swatches are heavily layered, because the balms are quite sheer. I also have to say the shades are really very accurately named. Nude (a glossy, nude peach), looked no different from Chapstick on my lips. Apricot is a sheer coral (one of my favorites). Rose is cool pink. Crimson is reddish (my other favorite). Berry is … berry, purplish. Plum is red-plummy. Mocha is red brown. Bronze was brown with tiny, tiny sparkles.

8 Responses to “Laura Mercier Tinted Lipbalms”

• Amina says:

>same here!! You have to pay me to wear make up ! It is too hot :)
    Thank you for the swatches! I’ll be on the look out

• TaLaisa says:

>Those are sooo so pretty! I wear less make up in the heat too.

• Tracy says:

>They also have them at Von Maur (Iowa & other mid-west states). I noticed a slight orange flavor in the Nude color that I purchased. I think I'll be going back for more. Glad to hear they are part of the permanent line.

• Proximity says:

>Those look great, I might have to get one or two :)

• yee-cheng says:

>can you swatch the laura mercier second skin cheek colours too?? they are relatively new since they’re replacing the old line of cheek colours. i don’t have a counter near me so i really have to order this stuff online but there aren’t any helpful swatches at all now ): pls help! love your blog! i bought rouge allures in surprise and silhouette after looking at your post c:

• Huai-Ann says:

>These are so awesome! I’m glad you posted about them; I would have never known that they existed without your posting. They’re actually quite pigmented. I went out to buy one in Berry but apparently Berry and Apricot were the first to go. I settled with Rose and I was afraid it would be too sheer on my pigmented lips, but I can actually see it really well!

• Suburban Hippie says:

>How does the LM compare with Aveda's lip tints?

>Hey Suburban Hippie, I tracked down the Aveda lip tints (which might have been reformuated at some point, so I'm not sure when you tried them). I don't like the Aveda ones at all. They have an earthy-Aveda scent (which I could best describe as "tea," I think), and they didn't wear comfortably on the lips. By comparison, the LM ones are as comfortable as chapstick.