Style Warriors has a bold, tribal theme. The limited edition packaging features animal prints and strong graphic patterns; the collection includes really bright eyeshadows and surprisingly dark lips for summer; even the neutrals are metallic, shimmery, and loud.
- Scatterrays (a repromote from Solar Field) â€“ glittery, champagney peach
- Bronzescape (a repromote from Solar Field) â€“ yellow brown, similar to Tempting, but more glittery
- Impassioned â€“ purply brown
Style Warriors also includes five eyeshadows (each $14.50):
- Soft Force (Veluxe Pearl, limited edition) â€“ soft, pale, frosty gold
- Tempting (Lustre, permanent) â€“ a warm, yellow brown which would seem less subdued if it weren’t right next to those Solar Bits. Though it’s technically a Lustre, I always thought it looked and behaved more like a Frost.
- Night Manoeuvres (Satin, limited edition) â€“ a cool, dark brown that reminds me a bit of Mineral from Ungaro (but it’s less purple), and a bit of Espresso (but Night Manoeuvres is cooler). Unfortunately, this one has the somewhat dusty, chalky texture you sometimes find in the Satin finish. If you love the color, it’s okay â€“ but it’s not luxury to apply.
- Bright Future (Veluxe Pearl, limited edition) â€“ a very saturated yellow
- Vibrant Grape (Satin, permanent to pro stores) â€“ violet, with the same dusty Satin texture as Night Manoeuvres
Style Warriors includes four lipsticks and four matching lipglosses (all eight are limited edition; they cost $14).
Sunsational (Glaze) is a semi-sheer, sparkly yellow. Brave New Bronze (Satin) is a matte, opaque peach. Tribalist (Amplified Creme) is a red brown like raisin-chocolate. Purple Rite (Frost) is a sheeny blue-purple.
The lipglasses are surprisingly opaque. Liberated is a sparkly yellow (gold sparkle). Gold Rebel is a sparkly apricot or light orange (gold sparkle). Fierce & Fabulous is a magenta with blue sparkles. Style Warrior is cocoa brown with iridescent sparkles. The collection has two bronzers ($21) and two Beauty Powder Blushes ($18). Solar Riche (LE, repromoted from Solar Field) is somewhat orangey; Refined Golden (permanent) is comparatively more tan. On a Mission (LE) is plummy; Eversun (LE, repromoted from the Beauty Powder Blush collection) is peach-bronze.
Style Warriors also includes Lustre Drops, liquid luminizer in puff-paint-looking dropper bottles. These are limited edition, $18.50 each, meant to be used alone as a highlight, or mixed with foundation for a little extra luminosity. Sun Rush is a bit orangey; Pink Rebel is pink-gold; Bronze Hero is copper.
The unswatched items from this collection are: Skinsheen ($22.50, an aerosol tint for legs; I didn’t swatch it because the sales associate estimated it would be on my arm for a week); Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze ($21, a permanent item); Pro Lash mascara ($12, permanent); Smolder Kohl ($14.50, permanent — actually, that’s what’s dividing the bronzers and BPBs); and three shades of nail polish (each $11).
MAC Style Warriors: Soft Force, Tempting, Night Manoeuvres, Maneuvers, Bright Future, Vibrant Grape, Scatterrays, Bronzescape, Impassioned, Solar Riche, Solar Rich, Solare Riche, Refined Golden, On a Mission, Eversun, Sunsational, Brave New Bronze, Tribalist, Purple Rite, Liberated, Gold Rebel, Fierce & Fabulous, Fierce and Fabulous, Style Warrior, Sun Rush, Pink Rebel, Bronze Hero