Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

I was reading an issue of Glamour recently, when I came across an ad for Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation — with a tear-out card containing tiny samples of not one, but ALL their shades. Way to go, Maybelline! This is the way to get people to try a foundation (who wants to buy when they’re not sure of their shade match?). And naturally my thoughts turned to swatching.

Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation is a medium coverage, dewy-finish foundation that’s supposed to provide air-brushed looking coverage. (Its matte-finish counterpart is Maybelline’s potted Dream Matte Mousse.)

Dream Liquid Mousse is oil-free, fragrance-free, derm-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic, good for all skin-types (including sensitive), won’t clog pores, and does your laundry. It’s ~$8.

18 Responses to “Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation”

• jilliandanica says:

>Thank you for these swatches! Super helpful since drugstore brand swatches are hard to come by!

• Pau F says:

>awesome! was it the current glamour issue?

• Beda says:

>”…and does your laundry” LOL!!

I’ve heard good and bad things about this foundation. Some ladies say it is very true to the air-brush finish claim. Others say the problem is that finish doesn’t last much time and their faces become and “oil slick”. But the color selection is so good, maybe will get it in on of those BOGOF sales.

Thanks for this.

• heycheri says:

>Man! How come my magazines don’t come with samples like this?! Grrr. Haha.

>Pau — it was the April issue (with Katie Holmes on the cover)

• Lynn says:

>*does your laundry* LOL!

• P-ham says:

>got this sample thingy in my magazine too! but not so good reviews on MUA, so i’m not gonna get it. however, i hear the dream matte powder is excellent so i’m excited cuz i’m about to get it in a swap yay!

• innerchild says:

>It does my laundry! lol Karla, I love you!

• Pretty N Pink says:

>LOVE that it can do your laundry… *sorts laundry & runs to CVS to buy foundation*

• MISO-HAPPY says:

>Well if it did my dishes I just might buy it, haha. Great idea by Maybelline and your swatch work. You look like a… 3.5 perhaps?

• ana says:

wow! itll be hard for me to find a color since my color is somewhere in between medium natural beige and honey beige and theres a huge color gap there. lol!

• Caitlin says:

I usually use HD Foundation from Sephora but I ran out before I got a chance to order more and I only had a few bucks on me so I went to the drug store and picked this up as a temp fix. But I ended up loving it! It’s so much better than HD and it’s 33$ cheaper!

• Andrea says:

Thanks for this swatch!
    Do you know what shade is similar with fit me 310?

Thanks

Andrea

• Julia says:

Unfortunately I found the Dream Liquid Mousse to not be very good on my skin. It seemed to come off fairly easy and left my skin feeling oiy. I love the colour range though and I actually use Dream Matte Mousse which is a little thicker but covers better and doesnt feel so oily.

Thanks for the help with colours too here. Ive been using Classic ivory (light 2) but I think I will be changing to Natural Ivory (light 3) cause 2 is a little yellowish for my skin tone.

• Kayla Valle says:

I really want this foundation! i have the matte mousse and hate it. i am in classic ivory in that. Acording to your picture natural ivory looks lighter than classic. do i think i should go porsolin (cus i heard it oxidized) or go natural ivory? please respond!

• aisha afraz says:

i m using stage oil control mouse base but i m interested in mybelline oil control dream matte mouse base but i m confused i dont know what shade to get can u plz help me to chosing a right color. i m asain .plz sugest me the natural color.

• samantha says:

hi guys i was wondering if this would be good for me cause i havnt used make up before and im farley dark so if some one could help with thi it would be awesome thx :D