What to Buy for a Clinique GWP

Clinique is a first cosmetics brand for many — their makeup is dermatologist-tested (and considered to be teen-friendly), their price points are lower, and their pigment (eyeshadow, for instance) is generally subtle.

Clinique also offers fabulous gifts with purchase, and Nordstrom has one starting May 20. With $25 purchase, you get a cute, springy Trina Turk makeup bag, stuffed with Lash Doubling Mascara, Tenderheart lipstick, Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush, Superfit Makeup foundation, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, a Colour Surge Eyeshadow duo in Sunburst, aaaaand Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips.

So in case (like me), you sometimes find yourself in the position of wanting a GWP and not knowing what to buy, I wanted to mention my favorites from the line.

1. High Impact Lipstick – $14 (click here for swatches)
It’s amazing to me that this lipstick is $14. High Impact is fantastically moisturizing and long-lasting (it’s so rare to get both). And it contains SPF 15. Honey Blush is my favorite shade.

2. Creamshaper Eyeliner – $14.50
Lovely, soft, easy-to-apply pencil eyeliners with great staying power. My personal favorite is dark-bronzey-green-brown Egyptian (likened to UD Stash). For cream liner lovers, check out the mousse-like Brush-On Cream Liner ($14.50). Egyptian was a limited edition shade, but you can still sometimes find it at Estee Lauder outlet stores.

3. Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer – $14
I seldom wear just one eyeshadow — I like the combination of a lid color and a crease color — but there is one shadow I’ll wear alone with liner: Clinique Foxy. It’s just such a quick-and-easy, can’t-miss color with very subtle, gentle shimmer.

4. Lash Power Mascara – $14
This is a pretty new offering from Clinique, a flake-proof, smudge-proof, tubing mascara. It’s supposedly immune to anything but warm water — swimming pools, makeup remover, crying — though if you’re bawling at the end of Field of Dreams and rubbing your eyes with a tissue in a devil-may-care manner, you will take it off.

I tried it, and I was impressed to say that my lashes looked exactly the same at the end of the day as they did when I first put it on — but definitely have your Tweezerman lash comb handy when you apply.

5. Quick Eyes Cream Shadow – $15 (click here for swatches)
Whether you’re a cream-eyeshadow kind of girl or just in a hurry in the mornings, Quick Eyes cream shadows are lovely (Truffle is my favorite).

6. Fresh Bloom Eyeshadow – $16.50 (click here for swatches)
These soft, shimmery shades were limited edition for spring, but if your counter still has them, this could be the perfect time to pick up Maple Blossom.

What are your favorite Clinique products?

12 Responses to “What to Buy for a Clinique GWP”

• Heather says:

>All pieces of the GWP are sold out online.

• chickadee1066 says:

>I don’t usually get the Clinique GWP, but sometimes if the bag or something in it really grabs me, I’ll go for it. I usually get DDML or face scrub for my husband, and/or Water Therapy hand cream for me. Their aloe after-sun lotion is also nice. The only lipsticks I like from them are Angel Red and Blushing Nude.

>Dang, Heather! That sure didn't take long. I guess I can delete that part of my post, then. >_<

• Roxy says:

>I loooove how soft their eyeshadows are … like butta. xo

• lynettepleasant says:

>I love Foxy eyeshadow too! I don’t use it enough.

• innerchild says:

>I want to try their Moisture Surge moisturizer, heard it’s oil-free and good for acne-prone people. Not sure if it’s good for sensitive skins though :( I have acne, sensitive skin–I wonder if I can get a sample first, their SAs are always so mean around here. Thanks for presenting us your Clinique favorites! I’ve always wondered about this brand. My friends have loads and loads of their makeup :)

• Beda says:

>Lol, I see I’m not the only one who checks out what to buy in order to get the gwp. ELauder is having a sale here too and I am considering getting Double Wear foundation just to get the GWP (really good this one)

• meredith says:

>Don’t forget DDML -a staple for many!

• sel says:

>My two cents on lash power: i got it for my birthday and i like it a lot. I was excited to try it out at the beach last week BUT it came off in the pool. That being said, it was like bath water.

Thanks for the suggestions, Karla!

• Pretty N Pink says:

>My new recent love is the egyptian cream liner but you’d have to buy something else with it for GWP.

• aisha afraz says:

hy i m aisha i m confused i want to take dream oil control matte mouse by mybeline. i have warm medium.plz suggest me which shade suits to me plz mail me in my mail box.an how can get this trough a net thanks a lot an tell me the right tip of applying how can i make this long lasting .thanks a lot i m waiting ur reply.

• Samantha says:

omg i just bought this and its amazing i have really bad acne and i was gone in like three days