MAC Naked Honey

MAC, Naked HoneyMAC’s hotly anticipated (and entirely limited edition) Naked Honey Collection hits the counters this Thursday, and if you’ll excuse the pun, I’ve succumbed to all the buzz. The collection is half-makeup, half-body-stuff, and though the makeup portion is small compared to other releases, I think MAC did well with what they created.

There are three Naked Honey eyeshadows (each $14.50): Creme de Miel, Pollinator, and Buckwheat.

Creme de Miel (Veluxe Pearl) is a very yellow pale gold, and I found myself wondering if it could finally quell my regret over not buying Femme Fi. Pollinator is a Frost, but it almost looks like a matte coral. Buckwheat, also a Frost, is a warm brown with gold sparkles.

There are also three lipglasses (each $14): She’s a Star (champagne gloss with champagne sparkles, a repromote from the very limited edition A Mei collection), Queen Bee (orange gloss with smaller gold iridescent sparkles), and Buzz (red clay with multicolored sparkles). These were — sort of accidentally — swatched very heavily because lipglasses come with a doe’s foot applicator and I swatched with a brush.
MAC, Naked Honey, swatches, Creme de Miel, Buzz, She's a Star, Queen Bee, Pollinator, BuckwheatThe collection also includes two highlight powders — and I don’t know if it’s the honeycomb imprint, but I find myself lusting after both.

I thought Golden Nectar would be a highlight powder for darker skintones, but the MAC sales associate tried it on me as a bronzer, and (at least in-store) I kind of liked the effect — though it has some shimmer and usually you skip shimmer in a bronzer. Honey Light is fairly yellow, and I ended up trying it on as a blush — the sales associate recommended that I pair it with cool eyeshadow to balance the tones.

The highlight powders are each $24.50.
MAC, Naked Honey, swatches, Honey Light, Golden NectarAnd finally, the collection includes some “bath and body” items. There’s a Honey Salve ($18.50), which contains honey, organic beeswax, sunflower oil, and is meant to be used anywhere (even lips). This smells sweet, but not like honey. I couldn’t put my finger on exactly what the scent was.

There’s a Hand and Body Cream ($22.50), which contains honey, shea butter, vitamins C and E. This doesn’t exactly smell like honey either, and in an at-counter test, it didn’t dry quite as quickly or as completely as I would like. I walked away from the counter not wanting to touch my purse for fear of leaving marks.

Finally, there’s a body wash for $19.50 (containing lavender, narcissus, jasmine, and blue agave), and two fragrances, Naked Honey and Africanimal. The fragrances are each $22.50.

13 Responses to “MAC Naked Honey”

• Dila says:

>u re the best blogger!

• GlossMenagerieDotCom says:

>Awesome swatches, but I just wanted to mention that the gold lipglass w/ Dress Camp was She Gold, a much yellower gloss. She's A Star looks much prettier!!

• tina_mbc says:

>Thanx so much for the preview…I thought the body items would smell like…honey…hmmm…

Always helpful as always! :)

• TaLaisa says:

>I am loving the colors, a whole bunch. Thanks for the great swatches!

• DarkishStar says:

>She's a Star is from the A Mei collection, not Dress Camp, people keep mixing it up! That's why the color isn't the same, the Dress Camp She-Gold is much yellower, not even close to champagne.

>Thanks, GlossMenagerie and DarkishStar — I'll fix that.

• nani says:

>I'm in love with this collection, thank you so much for the preview but what do you think, similar is 100 Strokes to Buckwheat?? thanks

• 2sheds says:

>Oh my goodness. Must… have… lipglasses…

• jojoba says:

>i just only checked out the warrior collection and i was glad that i wasn't interested in any. and now this!!!

you are awesome!

• Sylvie says:

>Hi there!

I first stumbled upon your blog looking for eyeshadow swatches and I was impressed with how generously you swatch so a big thank you for that! In any case, I'm curious as to which highlight powder would be a better choice for NC30 skin? We aren't getting the products anytime soon (I live in France) and I'm thinking of having a friend living in the US get it for me (I simply can't wait).

I would really appreciate it if you could give me your opinion. Thank you!

• Erin says:

>Yay Karla, I'm so excited! I really wonder how Creme de Miel compares with Rose Blanc and Soft Force e/s. I am really excited about the highlight powders, but not so sure about Honey Light anymore.

>Erin — Creme de Miel seems yellower than other highlights (though I haven't seen Rose Blanc in person).

• Elaina says:

I am in love with the Honey Salve and use it on my lips every night as I am going to bed, it is VERY moisturizing.