NYX Powder Blush, Part 1

This series is most gratefully dedicated to chixyb, who mailed me her NYX rep palettes for the purposes of swatching. (Wow.)

In terms of bang for your buck, you can’t do much better than NYX. They have a reputation as a consistently excellent drugstore brand, and there’s a lot of love for their eyeshadows, powder and cream blush, “round” lipsticks, mascara, and jumbo eyeshadow crayons. You can buy NYX in Ulta and a few other random locations (certain grocery stores, sometimes boutique clothing stores) — or online, at NYXCosmetics.com, CherryCulture.com, and Nonpareilboutique.com.

The list price for NYX Powder Blush is $6, but if you’re patient, you’ll frequently find it on sale (anywhere from 20% off to BOGO). All four of today’s blushes are matte, and Mocha, who named you?
NYX, swatches, blush, Mocha, Dustry Rose, Angel, Silky RoseThe NYX website lists ingredients, and they are: Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Lanoline Oil, Squalane, BHA, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide.

NYX Blush: Mocha, Dusty Rose, Angel, Silky Rose

15 Responses to “NYX Powder Blush, Part 1”

• Huai-Ann says:

>I have Mocha. I compared (by just looking at it, not by swatching it) to the MAC blush in Mocha and it seemed similar so I never used it. My NYX Mocha does not look like your swatch whatsoever. Odd…

• Yinka (VexInThecity) says:

>I have Cocoa – it's lovely and like no other MAC blush I own, which ia A LOT!!

• Proximity says:

>Pretty … but Mocha is hilariously named … what were they thinking??

• P-ham says:

>i luv NYX thank u!

• Y says:

>LOL is that mocha? Maybe they switched the names of Dusty Rose and mocha. haha. i love silky rose blush.

• Shuu says:

>I love NYX blush! Yes, the name Mocha is misleading :P

• Anne-Marie says:

>i find their lipstick names seriously misleading too!

• Amber says:

>Mocha is one of the two NYX blushes I own. I wear it almost daily. Yes, it's ridiculously named, but so are many of the products. Rust is a bright red in both eyeshadow and lipstick. Copper Penny lipgloss is a lovely pink. NYX is a line that I rely upon the "kindness of strangers" who post pics.

• 7_victoria says:

>is dusty rose similar to NARS dolce vita?

>I think Dusty Rose is more plummy, and Dolce Vita more red, but here's the DV swatch: http://karlasugar.blogspot.com/2009/01/nars-blushes-sin-oasis-outlaw-dolce.html

• ana says:

Hi, Thank you for all the swatches!

Question: what’s the main difference between dusty rose and silky rose? I want to buy them online and have a feeling that they are so similar I should only pick one!

Thanks!

Tough question! Maybe Silky Rose is mauvier? And perhaps has a slight sheen that Dusty Rose lacks?

• I intended to post you a bit of word to give thanks as before for your stunning methods you’ve shown above. It has been particularly generous of people like you giving easily what exactly some people could have sold as an ebook to generate some bucks on their own, notably now that you could have tried it if you ever decided. Those points likewise served as a fantastic way to be aware that other people online have the same dreams much like my very own to figure out more and more with regards to this matter. I know there are many more fun moments ahead for people who looked over your blog post.

• Jessica says:

What eyeliner are you wearing to separate swatches :)