Stars Makeup Haven Eyeshadow, Part 4

Blue eyeshadow lovers, I really think Stars Makeup Haven is your brand. (Don’t worry, neutral lovers: I’ve saved a little something for you tomorrow.)

For those of you just joining us, this week we’re admiring all 50 shades of a relatively new makeup line. SMH got its start as a website selling pigment-pressing supplies and empty palettes — and though they still sell those items, they’re applying their wealth of cosmetics experience to developing their own line. They’ve started with these remarkably soft, and incredibly pigmented eyeshadows — $4.95 each, sold in pans the same size as MAC’s (1″ or 26mm).

For the rest of this week (ending Sunday, August 16), SMH is also offering you readers a special discount: 15% off your total order with the code karlasugar.
Stars Makeup Haven, SMH, eyeshadow, swatches, 1492, Pacific Rim, Walking After Midnight, Walkin' After Midnight, Dress Blues, Steel Away, Electrafied, Electra-fied, In a Bind, Smoke and Mirrors, Smoke & Mirrors, Unzipped, The White Shadow1492 is an intense, reflective, Dodger blue. Pacific Rim is matte smoky blue. Walkin’ After Midnight is a shimmery blackened sapphire. Dress Blues is a reflective, shimmery cerulean. Steel Away is a shimmery country gingham blue. Electra-fied is a very sparkly, shimmery silver. In a Bind reminded me of MUFE’s Star Black Aqua Eyes liner, and I think it’s just slightly warmer than Smoke & Mirrors, which is cooler and more silver. Unzipped is matte black; The White Shadow is the matte white I alluded to earlier in the week.

About the contest. I now have more eyeshadow than I know what to do with, so every day this week I’m going to give away a pair of shades from that day’s swatches — this means (unfortunately), that your prize shadows have been swatched. Sorry about that. Today’s prize is Walkin’ After Midnight and Smoke & Mirrors.

39 Responses to “Stars Makeup Haven Eyeshadow, Part 4”

• Proximity says:

>I've been looking for a really nice dark blue :) I'll send you an email to enter the contest :)

• dubi says:

>Luv the blues, Have been waiting for you to swatch the blues. Thankyou :) )

• becka says:

>Blues usually scare me, but those are all gorgeous! Especially Walkin After Midnight! *compiles order list* thanks!

• ...ALLmEYEne... says:

>I can't believe how good these look. I was eyeballing Pacific Rim on the website but now that I see the swatches I'm really liking 1492 and Smoke & Mirrors. All of these colors look amazing.

• HT says:

>These shadows are so beautiful! I need to pick out a few shadows to buy!

• Cassie says:

>These are gorgeous!

• Irazca says:

>Electra fied looks great for the smoky-eye.

• Nicole says:

>They all look very lovely. I have to say, though, that the names tread pretty close to some MAC shadows… Electra-fied for a silver shadow? Smoke & Mirrors? :)

• suzieduck says:

>i'm liking the greys/silvers.

• Lily M. says:

>Excuse me while I wipe off the drool on my keyboard.

Gorgeous! I like your greens swatches a bit more, but then again, I've always been biased towards greens ;)

The moment I saw these, I envisioned a smokey eye with Electra-fied, Smoke & Mirrors, and Unzipped. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's an exact dupe of my Chanel Argents 3 colors palette…

I just took a detour and went to their site again and did some snooping around. I *think* I'm going to just get their ninety something palette, which is apparently better than Costal Scents' eighty something one (do you know anything about this palette's pigmentation?). Then I'll probably add a neutrals quad to the order. I don't get to use vibrant colors all that often, so it won't be practical for me to buy the 15 pan palette, as much as I want to. :(

By the way, I got this strange warning message from Google Chrome browser when I came to your site today:
    "The website at karlasugar.blogspot.com contains elements from the site pinkhairedprincess.blogspot.com, which appears to host malware"

… yeah

• PlatinumV says:

>So, today for blue lovers, tomorrow for neutral lovers… when will be the turn for purple lovers? :-D
    V

• Ariel and Ying says:

>Love all the blue shades. ESP the 1492. What an interesting name

• OneGreatSmile says:

>Lay off of my Blue Suede shoes :)

• Nina says:

>You seem to be reading my mind, Walkin' After Midnight and Smoke & Mirrors are my ultimate favorites in this set!

• Sissi says:

>1492 is simply hypnotic! And Walkin' After Midnight is not bad at all.

This is getting better and better. Looking forward to seeing what is coming next.

;¬)

• jbee says:

>I'm with PlatinumV.
    Bring on the Purples & Mauves!!!!

Purple lovers need some eye candy.

BTW Karla: YOU ROCK!

• Lina says:

>Wow these Star makeup haven eye shadow looks really really good. Love smoke&mirrors, looks like THE perfect eyeshadow for smokey eyes!!
    I think I want all of the shadows you have shown…..
    I always love your swatches and think you are awsome for doing this!!

• Ariana says:

>Hows the pigmentation of Unzipped? Blues are not usually my thing but some of those darker ones look fabulous. I love all these swatches you have been doing. Serious lemming creator! :)

• FaceFab says:

>Heya Lady!

Oh what lovliness, but 1492 is GORGEOUS!
    Thanks continually for bringing the good stuff.

=D

• -Emma. says:

>Great week of swatching! Thanks for the contest :)

• kate_fr says:

>I love blues. And all this swatches look great, in fact. I like them all, walkin' after midnight is my favorite…

• invie says:

>Even with all these make up sales going on, 4.95 a pan is a hard price to beat. Thanks for introducing us to this wonderful line!

• Jae says:

>love the blues!! i don't wear them a lot since i tend to gravitate towards the purples and pinks but i'm thinking i might have to jump on board and play w/these blue babies!!! =)

• Catherine says:

>These are so absolutely gorgeous! 1942 is totally calling out to me hehehe. Smoke and Mirrors too – so much more interesting than black!

• jojoba says:

>you know how i love blues. this is one post that i had to look and really shouldn't have done that OMG! it's heaven!

• Gen says:

>Now these are awesome! I absolutely love blue shades. Favorite SMH post thus far!

• Dana says:

>Love the swatches, just wondering if you have the ingredient list for this product? I am really conscious about ingredients, so if you could provide that, I would be really thankful!

Thanks!

• Ariel says:

>fav this time are electra-fied and steel away… absolutely beautiful

• cleung341 says:

>ELectra-fied looks so beautiful!

• kanitab says:

>Yey I thought smoke and mirrors was the prettiest one :)

• izumi says:

>smokes and mirrors looks totally awesomeee xD and the names for all of them are pretty cute, unlike MUFE numbers.. pshh. :P

• WENDE says:

>More gorgeousness! I'm getting an order together. Just waiting for the rest of your postings:) Thanks again for the awesome swatches!

• Y says:

>Thanks for the great swatches! I'm so glad that SMH has made a super pigmented matte black shadow! Now, I won't have to spend the 14.50 on MAC carbon.

• Strictly Beautiful says:

>walking in midnight is super gorgeous! do u noe if there is a dupe for an eyeliner colour for that?

• M says:

>Wow those blues are gorgeous. I especially love Steel Away and then Smoke and Mirrors.I don't post often but I love your blog you are the best!

• Mehendi Girl says:

>Kayvid: Hi! I am loving all these swatches. Thanks for swatching them.

• nikki says:

>Gorgeous….Absolutely gorgeous. I NEED some of these shadows!

• anaz says:

>Smoke & Mirrors looks awesome!

• aRi says:

Wow SMH has really gone downhill in regards to service! I ordered four empty blush palettes over a month ago and they were never delivered.  My money was taken out of my bank almost immediately, but my order still says processing on their site.  I have sent four emails to try to find out what’s going on, but no response.  I started a complaint with paypal earlier this week, but my order still says processing.  This is not my first time ordering from them.  Earlier this year in April I ordered two empty 28 pan eyeshadow palettes, which fit my mac eyeshadows perfectly, but got them after two weeks.  SMH made up for the delay by including a free eyeshadow and explaining on the invoice that they were short staffed because some people went back to school, blah blah blah.  I also noticed around that time on their twitter that they were going to hire or hired new staff.  I recently checked their twitter again and they have no problem tweeting constantly, but apparently have a problem with responding to their customers’ emails!!!!!  I will wait one more week, but if nothing changes, I will have to escalate my complaint with paypal and get my money back!