MAC DSquared²

In what seems a logical conclusion to the “Fashion Week” collections of Style Black, Trend F/W, and MAC in High Def, DSquared² is a designer collaboration with “hot nerd,” “beat of a different drummer,” “yes I will have plaid with that” brand DSquared².

The get-you-runway-ready collection features a new (permanent to pro stores) shade of Lip Erase ($16), Dim, which is apparently NC37 flesh tone. There are also two pretty lipsticks ($14, LE): Nude Rose and Blood Red — both lustres. Tinted Lip Conditioner Fuchsia Fix is repromoted ($14.50) in limited edition packaging.

There are also three Greasepaint Sticks ($17.50): Intense Black (the same really blackened purple shade from Style Black), V (purple), and B (blue). Greasepaint sticks aren’t really eyeliners: they’re the size of shadesticks but as soft as oil pastels. Really, really soft.

This collection also features a re-release of MAC’s blackest eyeliner to-date: the always limited edition Feline Kohl Power ($14.50).
MAC, DSquared, DSquared2, Nude Rose, Blood Red, Dim, Lip Erase, Fuchsia Fix, Greasepaint Stick, Intense Black, V, B, Feline, Kohl Power, Power Kohl, swatchesIn December of 2007, MAC released a collection called Sculpt and Shape, four limited edition powder compacts, each containing a pair of complementary contouring powders. (The powders themselves are permanent, but are are pro-only, sold as single shades). DSquared² brings back two of those duos: Bone Beige/Emphasize (white and peach) and Accentuate/Sculpt (pink and grey tan). These are $21 each.
MAC, DSquared, DSquared2, swatches, Bone Beige, Emphasize, Accentuate, Sculpt, Sculpt and ShapeThe collection also repromotes the limited edition 165 tapered cheek/highlight (aka contouring) brush ($34) and a pro product called Clear Gloss ($18), to be used anywhere a shine is desired. DSquared² releases September 28.
MAC, brush, 165

12 Responses to “MAC DSquared²”

• HT says:

>I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this collection! I chatted with the Live Help on the MAC website and they said it wasn't releasing on Sept 28 like everyone is saying, it's releasing on Oct 1. I thought this was pretty weird because *everyone* is saying it's coming out on Monday. Hmm… Is the MAC website out of the loop?

• Meg says:

>Ooh, those pink Lustres are pretty!

• Jenn says:

>Can't wait to get the greasepainsticks =) and feline liner.

• Beeks says:

>Can you tell me how Nude Rose compares to Pure Rose from the Ungaro collection? It's my favourite lippie in the world and Nude Rose looks like it just might make for a passable dupe…

• Vanessa says:

>I love Nude Rose and V :) )
    Great swatches as usual!

>Beeks, comparing swatch to swatch (http://karlasugar.blogspot.com/2008/10/mac-ungaro-collection.html) Pure Rose looks more "white," lighter.

• labyorkie says:

>I'm a little confused about the lip erase. When I want to block my lip color, I apply a layer of concealer or liquid foundation (and then sometimes lightly dust with a translucent powder). Do you know if there's any difference between what I currently do and what this lip erase is? Thanks!

• glimmeringmetal says:

>Oh man before this review I was ONLY gonna go get a greasepaint but now I have to get the Feline liner and the sculpt and shape!!

xoxocathy

• PlatinumV says:

>How the Greasepaint Sticks are? I mean, in the past I've bought something similar of another brand, and I have to push so much over my eyelids to see the colour, that in the end I'd never used it again! I've spent the following 3 days with the entire eyelids purple and painful :-(
    V

• Tiffany says:

>I'll probably skip on the Greasepaint Sticks–the look they're best for isn't really my thing–but those two lipsticks must be mine.

• Shannon says:

>Is there shimmer in the sculpt duos? I can't tell.. great post – thanks!

• Houston Living says:

>I'm not excited about this one much, either. The swatches of the lippies are gorgeous, but I'm mostly interested in the Sculpt and Shape duos. I think I'll pick up both of those.

BTW, that brush is a must have. I love it so much!!