MAC Glaze Lipsticks

I had an imaginary conversation with you, readers, in choosing which MAC lipstick texture to post next.

“Glaze?!” you said, “But there are… like… six of those.” Oh, but readers, I sing the body electric. Glaze is a small but essential category in the canon of MAC lipsticks. Which is to say, one of my favorite MAC lipsticks is a glaze: Hot Tahiti.

Hot Tahiti is a faded red. It looks somehow nautical on my lips — and I’m pretty sure there’s a Varga girl wearing this shade. If you’ve been looking to get into red lipsticks and you want to start slow, try this one.
MAC, Glaze, lipstick, swatches, Frou, Gleam, Pervette, Hue, Shitaki, Shag, Hot TahitiGlaze has a second famous shade: Hue. Not bad for just seven colors, right?

For the most part, Glazes have a shimmery finish — notable exceptions are Hue and Hot Tahiti, which are creme.

MAC Glaze lipsticks: Frou, Gleam, Pervette, Hue, Shitaki, Shag, Hot Tahiti

15 Responses to “MAC Glaze Lipsticks”

• Livia says:

>Hue and Pervette look really pretty :) and Hot Tahiti too. I don't have many glaze lipsticks.. just LE ones.

• GiGi says:

>I'm not sure what finish is my fave? I never thought og comparing the finishes. I'm going to look now!

• TaLaisa says:

>Love that Hot Tahiti, even just for the name. A few of my favorite lipsticks are LE Glazes. I may have to finish my chores quick and run look at that one in person.

• Jamie says:

>I love Hue – such a nice YLBB shade. Never tried Gleam before… that one looks lovely!

• Marley says:

>I'm a Glaze fan b/c of Pervette- one of my HG lipsticks! Now I'm majorly lusting after Hot Tahiti…guess that'll be in my next order!

• makeupmag says:

>Two of my fave MAC lippies, Lure and Frou, are in the Glaze formula!

• SweetTea says:

>Hue and Hot Tahiti are very pretty! I've owned Frou at one time but gave it away to a friend…I just need more color than what it had to offer!

*prays that Lustres or Satins are next* ;)

• Joey says:

>Frou, Glaze, and Shitake are three of my favorite MAC lipsticks =)

• Tiffany says:

>Thanks for the swatches! Hot Tahiti looks amazing…I'll have to check it out next time I do any MAC shopping.

• Xyreshy says:

>The Hue looks like the perfect Nudy pink lipstick. Gotta grab one too. In the mean time I still have to save ^___^ nice post ^___^

• Bedalyz says:

>Thanks X1000 for this post, very helpful. I love lustre l/s from MAC, I want to try the glaze finish.

• S. Vanessa Hailey says:

>Pretty sure I need Hue. It looks like the perfect lippie for me since I like more natural lip colors.

Thanks for the swatches my dear!!

• Chantal says:

>I'm so glad that glaze lippies are finally getting their due! Such a beautiful, wearable finish, and never over-the-top! I love Hue and Pervette, and I've seen Frou, Shitake and Hot Tahiti look divine on others.

My LE glazes have been a bit hit and miss, though. Maybe that's why they get a bad/meh rep?

• Erin says:

>Have followed your swatches for several months now, and must say you're my hero! You must also have the identical weird skin tone/colouring to me, because we're attracted to all the same things. (That's my toddler in the post – she's way fairer and cooler toned than me.) Hot Tahiti is one of my long-time faves, love the warm-toned Viva Glams, the Apricot and Crimson Mercier Hydratints… Thanks ever so much for your posts.

• Katie says:

I’ve been looking for the perfect red and Hot Tahiti is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the great swatches you provide.