MAC Matte Lipsticks

I think of MAC’s Matte lipsticks as the opposite of the Lustres. As the name promises, these are matte and full pigment (for when you want to make a statement).

So Chaud and Lady Danger are similar coral reds: So Chaud is more orange; Lady Danger a little more red. Chili is slightly browned. Russian Red is a rather blue red. I also find it ironic that, though MAC has taupe lipsticks, Taupe isn’t one of them.

I love the name Lady Danger, and it looks so amazing on someone with slightly darker skintone than mine — but it was overwhelming on my lips and I retreated back to Ladybug.
MAC, Matte, lipstick, swatches, So Chaud, Lady Danger, Chili, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Red Pepper, Diva, Sin, Charred Red, Smoked PurpleMAC, Matte, lipstick, swatches, Please Me, Pink Plaid, Honeylove, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Taupe, Full Chocolate, Deep LoveMAC Matte lipsticks: So Chaud, Lady Danger, Chili, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Red Pepper, Diva, Sin, Charred Red, Smoked Purple, Please Me, Pink Plaid, Honeylove, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Taupe, Full Chocolate, Deep Love

16 Responses to “MAC Matte Lipsticks”

• Chantal says:

>I didn't think I could wear red lipstick until I tried Ruby Woo (thanks to MUA!). Though it looks clownish in the tube, it's a gorgeous retro red on very fair, cool-toned skin. Now I'm curious to try Pink Plaid and Kinda Sexy, although I'm not sure how to wear non-red matte lips..?

Thanks for these swatches, Karla! I, like thousands of others, simply LOVE your arm and it's hard work!

• Livia says:

>I'd like to try Please Me and Kinda Sexy sometime :)

• Pia M says:

>I swear by Rusian Red!
    Love,
    Pia

• Amina says:

>thank you so much for all the swatches!!!!

• Catanya says:

>Amazing swatches! Thanks so much, you are the best!

• Babybubblz says:

>Great series. I love you swatches!!

• Carrie says:

>Thanks for the swatches! Red Pepper and Charred Red? I feel like I've been reading beauty blogs for 3 years and nobody has mentioned these colors. Why?! I want them!

• Amethyst says:

>Ooo Ruby woo looks really nice, I've been eyeing it for a while :)

Thanks for swatching!

• Nightmares Rider says:

>I wrote a long speech thanking you for this swatch but it's all gone in a flash ( computer prob) anyhow, thank you again so much if you do remember me I'm carlacorail from MUA.

• MinnesotaPumpkin says:

>Thanks for all the swatching!

• Başak says:

>I really appreciate your comparisons! They help a lot with choosing products, the descriptions on MAC don't help at all, and all the information on forums and blogs are too scattered to be practical. I love your format!

Can I do a request? :) I'm trying to decide what powder (to set my F&B foundation) to buy. It looks like Blot powder(loose/pressed), Select sheer powder(loose/pressed)and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural are my choices. Some people use prep and prime powder… Can you do a comparison of these? I would appreciate it muchly.

• eva says:

your swatches is very nice

• Reema says:

Thank u so much for this.I wanted to see ruby woo & lady danger in the same pic & thx to u for it.I agree to the first comment up there that I couldnt imagine wearing red lips till I got ruby woo.

• lis says:

I’m nt one to commemt on blogs but girrll..u have the best swatches! Thank youuu..

• Heena says:

Is Ruby Woo a cool red or a warm?

• Vivi says:

I know this is an old article but I so appreciate you doing the MAC Matte Lipstick swatches. I’ve just gotten hip to matte lipsticks and now I can not get enough. Gonna rack up as many as possible.

Thanks again!