MAC Satin Lipsticks

Ah, MAC Satin lipsticks. Satin is a quirky little formula; I frequently find myself describing it in terms of what it’s not. It’s a semi-matte, long-wear, medium-to-full pigment lipstick — but neither as dry nor as matte as Matte. (It’s not quite as creamy as Amplified Creme). And yet, if you blindfolded me, handed me a lipstick, and asked me to identify the formula, I don’t think I could pick Satin out of a lineup.

If Satin is your favorite, speak up! I’d love to hear what you love about it.

About the repeated shades: I swatched my way through the Satins before realizing I’d missed pro shade Fleshpot (and I thought you’d need something to compare it to).
MAC, Satin, lipstick, swatches, Snob, Pink Nouveau, MAC Red, Captive, Amorous, Del Rio, Mystic, Rebel, CyberMAC, Satin, lipstick, swatches, Brave, Faux, Spirit, Twig, Verve, Mocha, Retro, MediaMAC, Satin, lipstick, swatches, Myth, Siss, Cherish, Peachstock, Photo, Paramount, X-S, Film Noir, UnderworldMAC, Satin, lipstick, swatches, Myth, Fleshpot, Siss, Cherish, PeachstockMAC Satin lipsticks: Snob, Pink Nouveau, MAC Red, Captive, Amorous, Del Rio, Mystic, Rebel, Cyber, Brave, Faux, Spirit, Twig, Verve, Mocha, Retro, Media, Myth, Fleshpot, Siss, Cherish, Peachstock, Photo, Paramount, X-S, XS, Film Noir, Underworld

11 Responses to “MAC Satin Lipsticks”

• abby says:

>Satin is absolutely my favorite formula! I love that the color is opaque but not so creamy that you have to worry about bleeding… I find this happens a little with ACs. Plus it doesn't hurt that two of my all time fave colors (Snob and Pink Nouveau) come in this formula. Thanks for the great swatches!

• labyorkie says:

>I really like Satin – especially Captive. I ordered it from MAC's website while waiting for Capricious (Lustre) to become available. The two lipsticks look similar in the tube but, Captive has much better payoff, lasts longer and is creamier. I love it; Captive looks terrific with my skintone (between NW15 and NW20, pink undertones) and coloring (dark brown hair, reddish highlights, brown eyes).

Similar type of comparison between Russian Red (Matte) and MAC Red (Satin). They look alike in the tube but, MAC Red lasts much longer and doesn't leave my lips dry.

The Satin's don't need a gloss but, gloss REALLY brings out the color vibrancy.

Lastly, I wanted to let you know how much of a service you provide to your readers. You save us so much time and $ with your amazing swatches. Thx!

• Amethyst says:

>I've been wanting Cyber for a while, it looks awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

• NattynGeorge says:

>o0o! I love the deep burgundies in the 3rd lineup. I don't know If I can quite pull that color off yet. I think I look like a little kid trying to wear their mom's bright red lipstick or something. ha! I definately love the look of peachstock! I'm going to have to check that out! I so badly wanted to love Cherish but it was the exact color of my natural lips. Thanks so much for this post!

• giang says:

>thanks so much for the swatches! they're sooo helpful!

• SweetTea says:

>I have to say a big THANK YOU as well!!! These swatches really help me in determining what I'm going to add to my collection next without purchasing blindly! Thank you so much!!!!

• medina says:

i really love this finish. currently wearing spirit along with one of the cremesheen (modesty). I have to say that I like satin better than cremesheen. you’ve gotta love a long lasting formula.

• Sue says:

Which of the swatches here have blue tones in them? Cant really tell:( Am looking for the perfect blue tone lipstick and it would help lots of you can tell me which are blue-toned?? :)

thx!

• Lily says:

I have to say, matte is my favorite finish and satin is my second favorite finish. I really hate lipgloss and other shiny looking lip products. Satins are creamier, but they still look matte, so they’re great for the winter months or when my lips get dry, and they don’t bleed or feather on my lips like the amplified cream lipsticks do. I also find that the amplified cream lipsticks feel “thick” on my lips and I hate that feeling since it reminds me of lipgloss. That’s my two cents.

MAC Red is also my favorite red lipstick. I also really like Cyber as a lipstain, which I think looks really flattering on my porcelain pale skin.

• I absolutely HATE the MAC satin lipsticks. The formula is horrible in my opinion, and gets caked up very much. I just can not get them to work on my lips.

• Kat says:

What skin tone is she? NC15?