NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Good morning, dear readers!

I have a TON of MAC holiday swatches to show you, but since Sephora Friends and Family (20% off your purchase with code FF2009, valid only in the U.S.) kicks off today, I thought there might be several of you planning to order NARS’ new foundation(s). These swatches will be a double-edged sword, however, because Sephora doesn’t carry every shade of Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte. Still, knowledge is power.

NARS, Immaculate Complexion, Sheer Glow, Sheer Matte, foundation, promo

NARS just recently (September?) released this pair of sheer foundations, informally referred to as The Immaculate Complexion (did you just name your foundations after a Madonna album?). The two formulas are meant to be light, sheer, buildable, and good for your skin. Both contain a proprietary “complexion brightening formula,” which, in 28 days of use, promises to minimize skin discoloration, brighten, clarify, smooth, and soften. (Sign me up!)

Sheer Glow offers a sheer, radiant finish. It is hydrating and luminizing, intended primarily for normal, normal/dry, and dry skintypes.
NARS, Immaculate Complexion, Sheer Glow, Sheer Matte, foundation, promo
Sheer Matte offers a sheer, matte finish. Intended for normal, normal/oily, and oily skin, it absorbs oil to control shine.

Both foundations are dermatologist-tested, and cost $42 for a 1 oz. (30 ml) bottle. This is one case where I would actually rather have the tester than the real product: the testers have pumps.

My shade is Mont Blanc, and for the millionth time this summer I regret and apologize for my swatch-tanned arms. (Other matches for me include Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain, MAC Face & Body in N1, Armani Face Fabric Shade 2, and Chantecaille Future Skin in Porcelain.)
NARS, Immaculate Complexion, Sheer Glow, Sheer Matte, foundation, swatches, Siberia, Mont Blanc, Gobi, Deauville, Fiji, Ceylan, Punjab, Santa Fe, Stromboli, BarcelonaNARS, Immaculate Complexion, Sheer Glow, Sheer Matte, foundation, swatches, Syracuse, Tahoe, Cadiz, Macao, New Orleans, New Guinea, Benares, Trinidad, Tortuga, KhartoumNARS Sheer Glow (and Sheer Matte) Foundation: Siberia, Mont Blanc, Gobi, Deauville, Fiji, Ceylan, Punjab, Santa Fe, Stromboli, Barcelona, Syracuse, Tahoe, Cadiz, Macao, New Orleans, New Guinea, Benares, Trinidad, Tortuga, Khartoum

30 Responses to “NARS Sheer Glow Foundation”

• jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) says:

>have you insured that arm like i told you? gosh, i love your swatches. they are so useful. :)

but we don't have NARS! duh!

off you go to swatch something i can touch. :P

• ♥akisa♥ says:

>wow.. however on earth do you get on hands on so many shades!!

• Kaye says:

>Oh wow. Just wow. How did you do that to your arms?

• Tahti says:

>Thank you!
    Siberia looks really pale if you're N1, I might have to go swatch it in person!…

• Jellyminx says:

>Hi Karla :) I'm pleased to nominate you for two blog awards :D

• Rupa'sMakeupDiary says:

>thanks so much for the swatches :)

• Joey says:

>Looking at your arm, I can't believe that NARS MA matched me to Punjab when Syracuse or Tahoe look much more like my skintone. Good to know, so now I can go back and get a proper match =)

• Lizzard says:

>um i love you i love you i love you

thank you for the coupon code! when does it expire?

• Naomi Buechman says:

>thank you Karla :) Big help!
    -naomi

• Bedalyz says:

>Thanks so much for this swatches Karla! Very helpful indeed. You are awesome.

• PBunnieP says:

>You're the bomb! Thank you so much for the swatches. I always figured the lighting in Sephora is deceptive…

• Julia says:

>Hi Karla.

I've been wanting to try the new Sheer Glow Foundation since it came out. But I don't have a Nars Counter near me. So could you recommend a colour to a MAC NC25/30?
    I thought "Barcelona" would match me but your swatches don't underline that.

Thank you so much!
    Julia

• Erin says:

>I absolutely love this foundation! Tahoe is the perfect match for me.

As always, I love the swatches.

• Fiona says:

>Hey Karla,

I thought you should know that even though the names for Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow are the same, their colouring isn't. I noticed that Matte tends to run a bit darker than Glow.

• DANA says:

>Love love love loveeee your swatch, girl!! It's very very useful for someone like me and I'm sure as we've noticed, it's very useful to everyone else too!! It's very handy to see the difference in shades all lay out like that. Awesome! =D

Oh by the way, Happy new Year!!

• Claire says:

I’m somewhere around the region of Fiji, Ceylan and Punjab, but I’m confused about Ceylan looking lighter than Fiji in the photo – are they like this in person? I was thinking of getting Ceylan, but seeing the swatch it looks too light and Fiji might be better. Thanks!

• conny says:

hi, i ordered from narscosmetics.eu the foundation Nars Sheer Glow Siberia, because searching on the internet and as I am in Mac studio fix NW20, but along the day it gets darker, I decided that Siberia will be right for me, but it turns out is toooo light. i have to a aplly a darker powder in order to look more alive. If anyone is this shade or has the shade gobi or deauville, and is to dark for them, I am wiling to exchange it.
    I am sure that Siberia is for Sudio fix fluid 15 the most.

• Ajohnson says:

I am NC40-42 IN MAC and I wear Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow which has a golden peachy undertone). I think NC40-42 maybe be able to wear either Stromboli, Barcelona, or Syracuse depending on their undertone. Also a lighter skinned complexion NC35′ish maybe able to wear the lightest of the three shades which would be Stromboli (example: An Asian person with olive or yellow undertones). Hope this help someone.

• carolina says:

Hey everyone!
    is there someone who can tell me which are the undertones od deauville,fiji and ceylan..I’m about to buy it online but i’m really getting confused….
    thanks anyhow!!

• Shell1375 says:

Finally macao.The swatches were very helpful. This and makeupforever face and body are next on my list. Thanks! :-)

• Betty says:

CLaire, my skin color is a shade lighter than Punjab (in the winter), and I’ve tried Ceylan, but it was too light for me. It seems Fiji is actually one shade lighter than Punjab, and Ceylan is two shades lighter. Hope that helps.

• Stella Mavrova says:

how can punjab be more deep in colour than santa fe that is medium 2 but lighter than the medium 1???i am confused on whether i want to be medium 1 and medium 2, because i want to buy the lightest shade of those two

• Shamira says:

Hi! Nars products are nit available where I live, so will have to order it online. I use a MUFE ‘matt velvet foundation in no.55. Which shade is most suitable for me’? Is it Barcelona? Please help!

Thanks a dear.

• faith says:

hey.
    does anybody know, what the shade match would be for MAC NW43??

thanks

• samantha says:

Hi Karla,
    Just found your site & have to agree with jojoba you need to insure your arms.
    I have been using Diors Forever in 020 having switched back from the Totale , but I am breaking out. Was sent a lovely little batch of NARS 4ml samples, the colour which suits is Deaville, BUT this is the issue, the dab on my hand is drying a deeper shade, I love the foundation the pigmentation is extraordinary, is this the norm should I buy a shade lighter than I need?
    OH! Have you ever reviewed the Lily Lolo mineral powder foundation?
    X’s