Rouge d’Armani Lipstick

Armani just released a new formula of lipstick: Rouge d’Armani ($30). With 18 shades named in Dewey Decimal fashion, Rouge d’Armani promises full coverage and 8 hours of comfortable wear. The new lipstick also comes in a redesigned tube, with the logo on the front and a magnetic closure.

I lip-tested Beige 102 at the counter, and my impression was that when you first apply it has some slip, some moisture, and then dries down to a satin finish that’s neither moisturizing nor drying. I can’t confirm the 8-hour claim, but I’d like to repeat my test. (If you’ve already purchased one of these and have more research from the field to offer, I’m very interested to hear.)
Armani, Giorgio Armani, Rouge d'Armani, lipstick, swatches, Beige, Brown, Rouge
Armani, Giorgio Armani, Rouge d'Armani, lipstick, swatches, Pink, Plum

17 Responses to “Rouge d’Armani Lipstick”

• Houston Living says:

>These all look so gorgeous. I mean it. Every color looks so luscious and rich. I'm quite surprised that they didn't feel moisturizing. Nevertheless, I do believe one of these babies will be mine. If for no other reason than because I have to have one of those tubes!!!
    <3 <3 <3

• baragon11 says:

>I bought this lip in color 403 – the shade is fabulous, but I didn't see anything extended about the wear at all. It wore like a regular lipstick.

• Amina says:

>mmm was just thinking 403 looks divine, fabulous swatches! 505 looks quite interesting too….

Amina

• Maddy says:

>ooo I like beige 100.

You've done such a great job at swatches!

Could you please do a MAC lipgloss swatch please?? Thanks in advance!

• Joey says:

>Holy hell Beige 101 and Brown 200! *dies*

• panties says:

>i purchased 400 and 403. They're gorgeous colors and I've tested 400 out one day. The staying power is mediocre and it definitely doesn't last 8 hours. It does stay on longer than a Chanel or a Clinique lipstick, but it's not that much longer.

I got them because they're really colors and the formula is nice.

The model in the promo ad is wearing 400.

• happyhippo says:

>I got 601. they are not very long wear, but wear nicely and I will be back to get 401, and may be even 402.
    your swathces are lovely!

• BarcelonaChair says:

>They swatch like Rouge Volupe's

• Charlestongirl says:

>I got longer wear out of this than I get from other long-lasting lipsticks I have tried, but nothing stays on me for eight hours. I don't even expect that. I eat a lot for a 110-pound gal, and eating, drinking water (you know, keep drinking, it's good for you), napkins, and Kleenex are lipstick killers.

It is the ONLY long-lasting lipstick I can handle. It is creamy, and, yes, while the creaminess will disappear after awhile, it never feels chalky- dry. One way to prevent the dissipation of the creaminess is to apply a lip gloss after an hour or two.

I have purchased a whole bunch of these colors, and I love them.

• Syna says:

>I have brown 201..n looks gorgeous on my yellow olive skin tone..you are right when u say its moisturizing when u apply..its very comfortable even as it looks matte after a bit..it stays longer than all other l/s.. ..lasted thr a dinner for me..definetly stocking up more of these

• Goya says:

The lipstick is Extremely long wearing!

• Yogi says:

You do such great work! Half my make up I purchase based on your swatches!!

• ncjules says:

Thank you so much for your excellent swatches – very true to the real thing. I wish that I had seen them before ordering (and wearing) Beige 101. I like it but, upon seeing your swatches, I realized that Beige 102 was the color I was really looking for!

• Kolie says:

Karla Sugar, your swatches have been the most consistently useful. I just want to thank you for your blog. Anytime I look up a swatch, I recognize your arm and I look at your swatches. They have been the most accurate. I am glad others swatch too for the variety, but I just want to thank you for the time you put in making this happen for the rest of us.