Bonus! Mischief Makers on NC44 Skin!

It is endlessly fascinating to me how different makeup looks on different skintones. And, as some of you already know, my ultimate vision for TNBTTGSY is to one day show swatches on all different skintones. It’s been tricky finding arm models with enough free time to donate, so it is with pride and gratitude that I’d like to introduce you to Dr. G.

Dr. G is NC44 (and has, like, the world’s nicest skin). She didn’t have time to accompany me through all my swatching, but I did get this great picture of the warm and cool pigment sets on her. (Click here to compare her swatches to my NW15-20ish skin).
MAC, holiday, 2009, Mischief Makers, swatches, NC44, Haute Hijinks, Jardin Aires, Rushmetal, Copperized, Museum Bronze, Reflects Gold, Cool Capers, Kitschmas, Fuchsia, Grape, Deep Blue Green, Transparent Teal ReflectsDr. G was horrified that I’d swatch pigments and glitters without anything underneath, but I said we had to do it that way for consistency with other pictures. She was actually the one who told me about Trish McEvoy’s Finish Line, a liquid that basically turns a pigment or glitter into an eyeliner.

MAC Mischief Makers: Haute Hijinks, Jardin Aires, Rushmetal, Copperized, Museum Bronze, Reflects Gold, Cool Capers, Kitschmas, Fuchsia, Grape, Deep Blue Green, Reflects Transparent Teal

6 Responses to “Bonus! Mischief Makers on NC44 Skin!”

• Jenn says:

>ooo, I'm liking these pigment sets even more now. Thanks Dr. G =)

• Joyce says:

>Wow these look incredibly different from the other swatch photo. The Haute Hijinks looks quite neutral compared to the previous photo. There is the difference in skintone or course, but I think that the arm angle relative to the direct sunlight also makes a big difference too? The pigments are reflecting a lot of sunlight here, so the color doesn't come through as much? I actually like the look of these colors this way :) I would buy this set if i was this neutral looking, but I am thinking the other photo is more accurate. Great blog, btw and thanks for all the great swatches!

• paramita says:

>Thank you Karla and Dr. G!!!! Please do this more often :) . I will be forever grateful :) :):) (although my wallet probably won't). I'm NC44 too, and the colors on my skin mostly look different from the pan.

• Becca says:

>I wonder what the difference is b/w TM Finish Line and BE Weather Everything (my HG liner medium)…is it also waterproof?

• Chantal says:

>The Haute Hijinks pigments look absolutely stunning on darker, warmer skin! I'm very fair and cool so Karla's arm is super helpful for me, but I'm sure many people will benefit from Dr. G's swatches. Hope her arm becomes a regular addition to the site!! :)

• lexi920 says:

>This is very cool because I'm an NC45.