NARS Holiday 2009

NARS’ holiday collection is special this year, and not just because I think so: NARS is celebrating it’s 15th anniversary (wow!).

There are three new eyeshadow duos ($32): Taiga (soft, shimmery white-yellow and olive-green-gold-black), Eurydice (red plum and soft black with lots of multicolored sparkles), and Brousse (softly shimmery brown and shimmery blackened violet).

There’s also a new cream shadow ($21) in Mousson, a green-silver sage I absolutely adore. I mentioned before that green-silver was one of my favorite colors, and Mousson captures it perfectly. Paper Tiger is a repromote of an existing permanent cream shadow shade, but it was in the display, so I swatched it.
NARS, holiday, 2009, Taiga, Eurydice, Brousse, Mousson, Paper Tiger, swatchesThere are two new Velvet Matte Lip Pencils ($24): cherry red Pop Life and red-brown-burgundy Toundra. Chihuahua lipgloss is a repromote of a permanent shade, but it’s one of NARS’ most popular.

There’s a new multiple ($37): Luxor. This pale pink stick highlighter can be used anywhere — lids, cheeks, lips, or body — is already getting a lot of love from users amateur and professional.

I think my favorite thing, though, is the new Soft Touch Shadow Pencils ($24). These are a new product: deliciously soft, chubby pencils you could use alone or as an eyeshadow base. After yesterday’s breakdown of Ashley Greene’s New Moon premiere look, I’m just dying to try Goddess as a liner along my lower lid.

Goddess is shimmery pink-gold; Skorpios is copper; Aigle Noir is a fabulous sparkly black-green.

I originally thought Aigle was a typo for Agile, so I Googled it: it’s a city in Switzerland. Apparently the pencil was named after a Himalayan Black Eagle.
NARS, holiday, 2009, swatches, Pop Life, Toundra, Chihuahua, Luxor, Goddess, Skorpios, Aigle NoirThere’s also a new shade of polish out for holiday. My counter didn’t have a tester, but it’s called Rouge Andalou and it’s a candy cane red shimmer.

14 Responses to “NARS Holiday 2009”

• Tijana says:

>I bought Pop Life pencil as soon as it came out and I love it. Full on, I find on me it's more of a rusty red (which IS very nice), but if you dab it with a finger for a more stained look, you will get the most gorgeous Victorian-era-stained pout!

• Melissa says:

>I think Goddess might be exactly what I'm looking for as a lower-lid liner. Thanks for the post!

• susan says:

>hmm…getting your emails everyday is NOT helping my self imposed "no buy" :)

• Lori J says:

>I know there aren't alot of fans of Nars cream e/s, but mousson is so pretty….I think I need it!

• The Mighty J says:

>NARS is such a hit and miss for me but I absolutely adore Eurydice & Mousson.

• Aleksis says:

>I agree with the mighty J such a hit or miss, *hated* luxor but Chihuahua is one of my favorite lipglosses, as for mousson it is stunning but I own 2 of their cream shadows and never use them :/

• em says:

>thanks so much for the swatches, I need brousse!

• lexi920 says:

>I have Eurydice and I LOVE the soft black shade as an outer corner shade. I feel like the red purple shade had a bit of drag to it and I really had to pack it on my lids. Maybe I need to play around with it more. I wear NARS regularly so I'm surprised I hit this little road block!

• Tiffany says:

>I'm usually hesitant when it comes to NARS–they're hit or miss for me as well–but there's a lot of pretty stuff here. I'm going to have to at least look at Goddess and Aigle Noir. And maybe Mousson.

• Houston Living says:

>Mousson is stunning. Thank you so much for the swatches!!

♥ -D

• PaoPao says:

>Thanks for the swatches! I got pop life, eurydice and luxor. And I might get Goddess…

• chynabella13 says:

>Is Mousson like UD Maui Wowie without all the glitter? I love Maui Wowie, but I hate the glitter.

• Tamara Manor says:

can you do a swatch of all the nars matte lip pencils? Pop life is nice, but hard to guess about the others from other sites. You’re the only site I trust.
    thankx
    tam

• Wow the paper tiger shade looks amazing, Where can i buy that? The other colors seem to be kind of normal. Paper tiger popped out the most for me!