Now I’m Curious

I know several of you mourned the demise of Laura Mercier’s Emerald Green cake liner… now that you’ve seen Chanel’s Celadon-Lame, do you think it’s an acceptable substitute?Laura Mercier, cake liner, eyeliner, Emerald Green, Bleu Marine, Mahogany Brown, Black Ebony, swatchesChanel, holiday, 2009, Collection Cage Doree de Chanel, Golden Cage, swatches, La Ligne de Chanel, Celadon-Lame

9 Responses to “Now I’m Curious”

• Steelnpurple says:

>They sure do look pretty darn close at first glance!
    I'm thinking though, if the Laura Mercier one isn't a bit more "mossy"? I'm feeling a blue undertone in the Chanel one. Don't know if it's my eyes, my monitor or if it really is so?

• Proximity says:

>it's acceptable enough that I'm lemming it!
    To be honest, from your swatches, I like the color of the Chanel better, but I don't know how I'll like the formula. I'm a huge fan of LM cake and caviar liners.

• Laura Elaine says:

>Not being familiar with either formula, I am drawn to the Chanel just on appearance alone. Either way, they're both swimming in the same green pool!

• MACaddict says:

>Why have you changed your settings so that i have to click through to read your blog? I like being able to read the full posts in Google Reader, and now I can't do that :( . Maybe you could change it? or at least have that other option where you can read a little bit more than just the title???

• jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) says:

>what did you use to swach the cake liner? so nice! i need them all

>Jojoba: Disposable lipgloss brush spritzed with water.

(For the Laura Mercier ones, I may have used an actual eyeliner brush… that was a while ago.)

• Rae // theNotice says:

>They don't look the exact same to me, but — dare I say it? — the Chanel actually looks even prettier!

• Shel/Mshel_MUA says:

I cannot wait to see swatches of the three new cake e/l shades!! I want them to be rich and pigmented for a gray, plum and the new forest green. I’m wearing Emerald today (3/17/11), but am lemming Forest!

• Laura Mercurio says:

I wear Laura Mercier’s Emerald Green cake liner and I wish I could still purchase it. It’s my favorite! I will most likely love the Forest Green. Gray and Plum sound wonderful too.