I was talking with the ever-beautiful Aradiapdx about how crazy-pigmented and smooth Stars Makeup Haven eyeshadows were, and she offered to do a tut using only SMH shadows.
Not only is her look beautiful as always, but it’s also a very nice segue, because Stars Makeup Haven just released 32 new colors (!!!), and we’ll look at those swatches next week (which means more giveaways!)
Eyeshadows used (and arm-swatches of those shadows):
Other products used:
Start by priming your lids. I used UDPP, but you can use whatever works best for you. (No pic, but you all know what a bare eyelid looks like.)
1. I applied Metro over the entire lid (with brush #2).
2. Using brush #3 I applied Regal to the crease, extending above and out slightly for desired shape.
3. Using another brush identical to #3 I applied Unzipped just into the crease over Regal.
4. Using brush #1 I applied Bee’s Knees to browbone to highlight, carefully blending out the edges of Regal.
5. Using brush #5 and Regal I lined lower lashline. I did this dry for softer look, but could be done wet for more intense color and more precise line.
6. Time to start blending. I used brush #4 to do this. I started without any pigment on the brush to soften edges. Then I added a little Regal (tapping off excess… you don’t want too much color on the brush for blending) and blended into other colors. Soften edge of the green into the highlight, blend green crease slightly into Metro, and soften the black crease. If you overblend and realize you lightened the crease too much (I did this), add a little more Unzipped with original brush, then blend lightly. I think I may have actually overblended this one a touch.
7. Using brush #6 (SK bent liner) and MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, I lined waterline and upper lashline. Create whatever shape you like, but for some reason I just can’t bring myself to not wing it.
8. Yay. Just about done. Use a big fluffy powder brush (not pictured) to brush off loose pigment. Touch up concealer under eyes (Time Balm and Touche Eclat #2 here). Use brow products of choice (I used MAC’s pencil and then brushed out) and apply mascara.
Lid: (all SMH) Metro, Regal, Unzipped, Bee’s Knees (swatches)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lashline and waterline (swatches)
Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara
MAC Eye Brows pencil – Spiked
Shu Uemura Face Architect
Time Balm – Lighter than Light
YSL Touche Eclat – no. 2 (swatches)
Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder – 001 Rose Lumiere
Chanel Poudre Douce – Rosee
Nars Orgasm Multiple