Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Glosses

I love the wit behind Lipstick Queen’s Oxymoron “Matte Glosses” ($20, lip brush included). These potted cremes can be used either as lip color (further blurring the line between lipstick and gloss) or as cheek color.

And though I’m a huge fan of Lipstick Queen in general (click here for swatches of her Saints, Sinners, Medieval, Chinatown Pencils, Pop Art Glosses, and Butterfly Ball), I feel like I’m not quite getting it with these. The colors don’t seem distinct enough from one another, particularly in blush form. (Peach-rose, pink, tea rose, wine-rose?)

Did I swatch them wrong? Do they give you a perfect, natural flush? I’m so curious to hear what your experience with these has been.
Lipstick Queen, Oxymoron, Matte Glosses, swatches, Deafening Silence, Free Ride, Honest Politician, Minor CrisisLipstick Queen, Oxymoron, Matte Glosses, swatches, Deafening Silence, Free Ride, Honest Politician, Minor CrisisLipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Gloss: Deafening Silence, Free Ride, Honest Politician, Minor Crisis

7 Responses to “Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Glosses”

• Cinderblock Ashes says:

>Can you please do Too Faced Galaxy Glam swatches? I bought one of the black based with purple and gold tints and it looks fabulous! I would love to see how the others look. By the by, Sephora and most other places sell them for $19.50, but you can buy them at allcosmeticswholesale.com for $7.50!

• Marley says:

>Oh, I love these! Honest Politician is a go-to on days when I'm just tired and want something easy.

• Lucrecia says:

>Remind me of pot rouges!!

• amy@cafemakeup.com says:

>Thank you so much for posting these!! I've always been tempted to try them. From your description, though, they seem to similar enough in function and price, to Bobbi Brown's pot rouges. I'll probably stick to Bobbi's–thanks Karla you've saved me again!

• Kristina says:

>Ooh!

Are they any more or less "sticky" on the cheeks than BB Pot Rouges? Did you try any of them on? Thanks, Karla! :)

• aksaiyo says:

>ohhh wow, i wanna try honest politician and deafening silence!

• Jaime Leah says:

>These are gorgeous and I love that they are both glosses and cheek color. I do think that you're right that they aren't distinct enough from each other though, but sometimes that's okay. It's great that these are my shades though, no complaints from me.