I have one more fabulous treat for you today, readers. The gorgeous and talented Aradiapdx very graciously provided a second Stars Makeup Haven tutorial (woohoo!). This time she did a neutral look (because you know I’m afraid of color).
Stars Makeup Haven Tutorial (Aradiapdx)
1. First, I applied UDPP over the entire area, lashes to brows. Then, using brush #3 (a round crease brush), I applied Bee’s Knees from crease to brows.
2. I find it easier to make a precise line with a slightly damp brush (not really wet, just a little damp — it will be just about dry by the time I’m done with it). I got #3 wet and then wiped it off on a towel. I used this slightly damp brush to apply Cocoa, creating the basic shape. I started below my lower lashline and extended the line out to create a v, then brought the line back into the crease.
3. Still using brush #3 (now basically dry) I filled in the shape and outer third or so of my lid with Cocoa, bringing it in a bit further right at the crease (extending to approximately the center of my lid).
4. Using brush #4 (same as #3, a round crease brush) I applied Warm & Fuzzy to the middle third of my lid and inner crease, blending it into the edge of Cocoa.
5. I used brush #2 to apply Champagne to the inner portion of my lid, blending some into the crease to meet Warm & Fuzzy.
6. I took the brush I used for Warm & Fuzzy (#4) and used it to blend out the edges. If you find you need more Cocoa, grab brush #3 again (should be completely dry by now, but still have a little pigment on it) and blend a little more into the outer corner and crease. Using multiple brushes keeps the colors from getting too muddy.
7. Using brush #5 (Sonia Kashuk’s bent liner) and MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, I lined waterline and upper lashline.
8. Use a big fluffy powder brush (not pictured), to brush off pigment fallout. Then do your undereye concealer (I used MAC Studio Finish and Touche Eclat). Then finally your brows (I used MAC’s pencil and then brushed out) and apply mascara.
The finished look:
Champagne, Warm & Fuzzy, Cocoa, Bee’s Knees (all SMH)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lashline and waterline
Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara
MAC Brow pencil in Spiked
Shu Uemura Face Architect smoothing fluid foundation in 784
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15
YSL Touche Eclat no. 2
Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder in 001 Rose Lumiere
Shu Uemura Glow On blush in M Pink 30
BE Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Brooklyn
Beaute Luminous Volume Gloss in Paramour