Dior Spring 2010: Lace Collection

Dior, Lace Collection, Boudoir Collection, promoI love spring makeup, and Dior’s Lace Collection (also referred to as the Boudoir Collection) is a nearly perfect illustration of what’s so great about it.

There are two new limited edition eyeshadow quints ($57): 743 Coquette and the iridescent 059 Pearl Glow. Both of these have an embossed lace pattern in the powder. While neither of these is available from Sephora, Sephora’s website does show a quint called 804 Extase Pinks ($58, no lace pattern). I’ll look more into that.

It’s also worth mentioning that the center shade of Coquette is pink with silver sparkles, which fell off as soon as I swatched them. This may affect your on-eye application.
Dior, Lace Collection, Boudoir Collection, swatches, Coquette, Pearl GlowThe two marquee items are probably the “Dentelle” blush (more on that in a moment) and Dentelle (aka Lace Face) highlighter. The highlighter is $55, very sheer, very pretty, slightly shimmery white-pink.

There are also three gorgeous Dior Addict lipsticks ($26): subtle pinky peach 419 Pink Eyelet, the mauvey 663 Pink Embroidery, and brighter, peachy pink 863 Pink Bustier. And there are two Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflects ($25.50): 427 Beige Veil and 857 Pink Corset (which is almost the same color as MAC’s Steamy nail polish).

Speaking of nail polish, there are two ($20): super sheer white-pink Pink Ballet (it’s like a dancer’s gauze skirt) and surprisingly cool, metallic Silver Pearl.
Dior, Lace Collection, Boudoir Collection, swatches, Dentelle, Lace Face, Pink Eyelet, Pink Embroidery, Pink Bustier, Beige Veil, Pink Corset, Pink Ballet, Silver PearlDior, Lace Collection, Boudoir Collection, Dentelle, blushSo I didn’t originally find a tester for the Dentelle blush, and I’d resigned myself to not having that item swatched. But my Dior sales associate managed to find it in the back room, so even though it was late and the light was low, I decided to get my picture.

I love this blush. I need it. The two sides are matte pink and peach highlight, and together they form the most perfect luminous peach-pink blush ever. Dentelle blush is $40. Dior, Lace Collection, Boudoir Collection, swatches, Dentelle, blushDior Lace Collection: Coquette, Pearl Glow, Poudrier Dentelle, Pink Eyelet, Pink Embroidery, Pink Bustier, Beige Veil, Pink Corset, Pink Ballet, Silver Pearl

15 Responses to “Dior Spring 2010: Lace Collection”

• Stefanie says:

>Totally love the Pearl Glow e/s and both nailpolishes :D

• Lina says:

>OMG, I love Pearl Glow on your arm! It makes me want to run out and buy it, but I can't pull of blues :(

I'll resort to drooling over your arm :)

• HT says:

>I *love* Pink Eyelet! …but the Nordstrom site calls Addict Lipcolor number 419 Pink Negligee… is it the same color? I want to make sure before I order it. :)

>I think it must be, because there is no 419 in the permanent collection of Dior Addict lipsticks. Dior names everything twice (French and English) and this often leads to naming confusion — e.g., the whole Boudoir collection/Lace collection thing. I think you're safe — order away! (Get one for me, too!)

• HT says:

>Karla your site is so bad for me! I ended up ordering the highlighter, the blush and the Pink Eyelet/Neglige. Ack!

• Prime Beauty says:

>Karla, I got Coquette and love it! Matte shadows are nice for a change. You're right though, the center pink shade is glitter that doesn't even show up–boo! I didn't try the blush, now I think I need it!!

• Tiffany says:

>The eyeshadow's not grabbing me, but I want Pink Bustier and the blush. Gah. I was considering the Lancome blush, but I think I'd get more use out of this one.

• Tree says:

>Karla, at which store did you find the DiorBlush Dentelle? Does Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus have it in store, or just Nordstrom's?

• KateM says:

>What do you think the model in the picture has on her lips? I love it.

• greystrawberrys says:

>I'm really not into blushes, but that last one is so so so pretty. I'm really torn on what to get out of this collection, as I have £24 on my boots card and was going to grab a serum de rouge in nude/pink, however these swatches are so so pretty.

Love your blog, it saves me a lot of money and time <3

x

• Kiradris says:

>Wow, I really want the Pearl Glow Quint! Thanks for the lovely swatches as always, you are a lemmings generator!

• Tree says:

>I bought the new peach/pink blush at Macy's, even though there was no tester available. The SA commented that 6-7 had been purchased already!. I told her it was probably because of your swatch.

Thanks so much for posting this, Karla.

• Soni says:

>Karla,
    I ran out at lunch and picked up the LAST blush! I can't wait to wear it tomorrow! I also got the pink embroidery lippie and am wearing it now. It's LOVELY!!!

Thanks so much for all the work you do to get swatches on our behalf. It is NOT in vain! =)

>Tree — Glad you got it!! And thanks for mentioning me to your SA. :) I'm sure you know by now, but every counter except Sephora should have the blush.

KateM — I'm almost certain the model is wearing 663 Pink Embroidery.

greystrawberrys — Go for the spring collection! It's limited edition; those Serum de Rouges are permanent.

• wannabelyn says:

>Karla, how pigmented is the dior blush let's say compared to springsheen? I didn't even think twice about the blush until you started singing praises about it.

Re: extase pink it's one of the 3 quints that dior is realeasing. Can't wait for your swatches on that ;) it was your swatches that partially influenced me to pick up iridescent leather and twilight.